It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Carl Evans, Sara Prosser for Toby Murphy (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Pauline Kelly (pm), Denise McGillivray for Gail Greene, Brian Crane for Lynn Hayes (pm).
Happy Birthday to Riley Lavandier, Gurbinger Singh, John Ross Young, Kelsey Young.
- SADD: A planning is being held today at 11:50am. New members are welcome!
- The JAM meeting is cancelled tomorrow.
- The following Grade 12 students still need to make appointments for their grad photos: Austin Bernadino, Brandon Boutilier, Bailey Brydon, Drew Christensen, Maddy Clements, Leslie Creed, Ryan Ferguson, Jennifer Geissler, Joel Hancock, William Henbest, Noah Hoskins, Kyle King, Lucas LaVie, Blake Llewellyn, Jonathan MacDonald, Darren Martin, Daniel Morrison, Kyle G Murphy, Mackenzie Murphy, Samantha O’Brien, Lukas O’Connor, Isaac Power, Jordan Stewart, Damien Taylor, Charles Whiteway, Carter Wood. Remember… all grads MUST have a photo taken.
- Student Services is recruiting students for the Provincial Page Program. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about the Legislative Assembly AND make some extra cash! The following is a list of the criteria for the program.
- Must be a Grade 11 or 12 honour roll student (can afford to miss some school)
- Must have an interest in the legislative assembly and public affairs
- Must be able to meet the demands of a weekly shift when the house is in session (preferably someone that is not too heavily involved in other activities)
- Student must attend at least one shift per week when the house is in session, therefore; needs access to transportation to and from town
- Students are paid $55 for a day shift and $40 for an evening shift + mileage
- Students can come to Student Services for more information and/or an application form. Deadline to apply is September 25, 2014.
- Loran Scholarship – 30 scholarships valued up to $80,000. Character, Service and Leadership, and strong Academic achievement (average of at least 85%) are the key areas for selection. Students must be considering applying to one of the sponsored universities. See Ms. MacGregor-Harris or Ms. Victor for important information and the application form. Applications are due to Student Services by Wednesday, October 8, 2014.
- Any student wanting or needing to write the ACT or SAT tests should come to Student Services and see Ms. Victor or Mrs. MacGregor-Harris. Any students planning on attending a school in the States will need to write these tests.
- Sign-up sheet for STRIVE is up. Please come and sign up in Student Services. This program is a great way to set some goals, see progress and celebrate achievement.
- The following students are asked to see Mrs. Killeen in the Library as soon as possible: Katie Jordan, Tara Llewellyn, Danielle Villard.
- The following students are asked to please return overdue magazines to the Library before Friday: Alexandra Parsons, Kenzie Stewart,Sam Thompson, Liam Thompson, Blake Llewllyn,Tynan Murphy, Austin Bernadino, Daniel Grant.
- Readers’ Circle will begin this Friday, September 19. We meet in Library Seminar Room A at 12:05pm. Bring your lunch if you like! We’ll discuss what book to start with and make a plan for the semester. Looking forward to meeting new members!
- The MRHS Women’s Soccer Team won their first game last night 2-1. The whole team contributed to defeat Colonel Gray, with Sarah MacVarish scoring both goals. Congrats on a great start to the season, girls! Next game is at home on Friday at 5:00 against Souris.
- The Field Hockey Team tied Colonel Gray 1-1 last night. Morganne Rice scored for MRHS and Billie MacKay had a great game in the goal.
- Soccer girls are to hand in their jacket money to Michaela MacSwain no later than tomorrow (Friday).
- There will be Power Lifting practice today after school with Wyatt. If you can’t attend, please tell Earl Campbell or Mr. Trainor.
- There will be practice for those interested in trying out for this year’s Men’s Basketball team on Saturday, from 12:30-2:30pm, and next Tuesday from 7-9pm. All are encouraged to attend.
- Baseball players should turn their forms and $20 fee in to Earl ASAP. Practice today is at 6 pm in Cardigan. First game is Friday at TOSH.
- Any students interested in keeping score for home volleyball games are asked to see Ms. Nabuurs or Ryan Ferguson.
- Dodgeball sign-up sheets are now up around the school. This is the last day to sign up!
- UPEI Nursing students, Natasha McHerron and Jennifer Morrison, are working out of Library Seminar Room D. Drop by for a visit.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club has begun. If you need some extra help with studying for a test, doing an assignment, getting yourself organized, please feel free to come to Learning Centre B Monday to Friday from 12:00-12:20. A teacher will be there to help you out in any subject.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Student Council is selling SPC cards. Cards are $9.
- The Grad Activity Committee will meet at 12:00 noon on Friday of this week in Room 119.
- Attention Grads: Heckbert Studios will be here September 22-25 for grad photos. Every grad must get their picture taken.
- MRHS’s Young Blood for Life Club will be hosting a “What’s Your Type” clinic next Tuesday, September 23, during the lunch hour in the main lobby. This is an opportunity to find out your blood type. If you are under 17, you need a permission form that can be picked up from Mr. Trainor in Room 1313. There will also be a sign up sheet at this clinic for the Blood Donor Clinic taking place Thursday, September 25, here at MRHS. The Blood Donor Clinic is for people 17 and over only.