It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Lianne Garland, Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson.
Happy Birthday to Brooke Clarey and Daniel MacDonald.
- SADD: The SADD planning meeting that was scheduled for today has been changed to tomorrow at 11:50am. New members are welcome!
- The following Grade 12 students still need to make appointments for their grad photos: Austin Bernadino, Brandon Boutilier, Bailey Brydon, Drew Christensen, Maddy Clements, Leslie Creed, Ryan Ferguson, Jennifer Geissler, Joel Hancock, Victoria Hawkins, William Henbest, Noah Hoskins, Kyle King, Lucas LaVie, Blake Llewellyn, Jonathan MacDonald, Darren Martin, Daniel Morrison, Kyle G Murphy, Mackenzie Murphy, Samantha O’Brien, Lukas O’Connor, Isaac Power, Christina Rose, Jordan Stewart, Damien Taylor, Charles Whiteway, Carter Wood. Remember… all grads MUST have a photo taken.
- Loran Scholarship – 30 scholarships valued up to $80,000. Character, Service and Leadership, and strong Academic achievement (average of at least 85%) are the key areas for selection. Students must be considering applying to one of the sponsored universities. See Ms. MacGregor-Harris or Ms. Victor for important information and the application form. Applications are due to Student Services by Wednesday, October 8, 2014.
- Any student wanting or needing to write the ACT or SAT tests should come to Student Services and see Ms. Victor or Mrs. MacGregor-Harris. Any students planning on attending a school in the States will need to write these tests.
- Sign-up sheet for STRIVE is up. Please come and sign up in Student Services. This program is a great way to set some goals, see progress and celebrate achievement.
- Readers’ Circle will begin this Friday, September 19. We meet in Library Seminar Room A at 12:05pm. Bring your lunch if you like! We’ll discuss what book to start with and make a plan for the semester. Looking forward to meeting new members!
- There will be Power Lifting practice after school on Thursday with Wyatt. If you can’t attend, please tell Earl Campbell or Mr. Trainor.
- Women’s Basketball team will practice today from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
- Men’s Volleyball Parent’s Meeting today at 6:30 pm.
- Baseball players should turn their forms and $20 fee in to Earl ASAP. Practice on Thursday is at 6 pm in Cardigan. First game is Friday at TOSH.
- Any students interested in keeping score for home volleyball games are asked to see Ms. Nabuurs or Ryan Ferguson.
- Dodgeball sign-up sheets are now up around the school. Sign up by Thursday, September 18.
- UPEI Nursing students, Natasha McHerron and Jennifer Morrison, are working out of Library Seminar Room D. Drop by for a visit.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club has begun. If you need some extra help with studying for a test, doing an assignment, getting yourself organized, please feel free to come to Learning Centre B Monday to Friday from 12:00-12:20. A teacher will be there to help you out in any subject.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Student Council is selling SPC cards. Cards are $9. See Ms. Sandra Hicken.
- Attention Grads: Heckbert Studios will be here September 22-25 for grad photos. Every grad must get their picture taken.
- MRHS’s Young Blood for Life Club will be hosting a “What’s Your Type” clinic next Tuesday, September 23, during the lunch hour in the main lobby. This is an opportunity to find out your blood type. If you are under 17, you need a permission form that can be picked up from Mr. Trainor in Room 1313. There will also be a sign up sheet at this clinic for the Blood Donor Clinic taking place Thursday, September 25, here at MRHS. The Blood Donor Clinic is for people 17 and over only.