It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Amy Beck for Chantelle Beaton, Jessie Campbell for Angela Killeen, Adam Clow for Matthew Kelly (am), Darrell Bradley for Glenda McInnis, Janet MacDougall-Turner for Charlie Trainor, Michael Hambly for Alana Trainor, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, Brian Crane for Yvonne Higgins, Krystal Feehan for Rod MacDonald (am).
Happy Birthday to Ms. Mary Ellen Campbell.
- We would like to welcome two UPEI Nursing students, Natasha McHerron and Jennifer Morrison, who will be working out of Library Seminar Room D for the next six weeks. Expect to see these gals around the school on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Keep an eye on the announcements for special events and/or opportunities they will plan for you.
- Grade 12 Students: Grad Barbeque money ($5.00) will be collected again today for your event planned for tomorrow. See Ms. McInnis in Room 119.
- Loran Scholarship – 30 scholarships valued up to $80,000. Character, Service and Leadership, and strong Academic achievement (average of at least 85%) are the key areas for selection. Students must be considering applying to one of the sponsored universities. See Ms. MacGregor-Harris or Ms. Victor for important information and the application form. Applications are due to Student Services by Wednesday, October 8, 2014.
- Any student wanting or needing to write the ACT or SAT tests should come to Student Services and see Ms. Victor or Mrs. MacGregor-Harris. Any students planning on attending a school in the States will need to write these tests.
- Sign-up sheet for STRIVE is up. Please come and sign up in Student Services. This program is a great way to set some goals, see progress and celebrate achievement.
- Readers’ Circle will begin this Friday, September 19. We meet in Library Seminar Room A at 12:05pm. Bring your lunch if you like! We’ll discuss what book to start with and make a plan for the semester. Looking forward to meeting new members!
- Highlights of Women’s Volleyball Game Yesterday: The girls did awesome! We won 3 sets to 2, and everyone stayed focused on the game. We’re very proud of Emma Prosper and Grace Rooney who played the whole game as our setters. It was our first game but we played very well.
- The Men’s Soccer team tied Westisle 2-2 last night. Goal scorers were Nolan McKenna and Donavan Bears. Brandon Lund had an excellent game in goal.
- There will be Power Lifting practice today after school and again on Thursday with Wyatt. If you can’t attend, please tell Earl Campbell or Mr. Trainor.
- Women’s Basketball team will practice on Wednesday from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
- Men’s Volleyball Parent’s Meeting Wednesday at 6:30 pm.
- Baseball players should turn their forms and $20 fee in to Earl ASAP. Practice on Thursday is at 6 pm in Cardigan. First game is Friday at TOSH.
- Any students interested in keeping score for home volleyball games are asked to see Ms. Nabuurs or Ryan Ferguson.
- Dodgeball sign-up sheets are now up around the school. Sign up by Thursday, September 18.
- Students who do not have Phys. Ed. first semester but need a PE locker can sign one out between 12:00-12:20 in the PE office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club has begun. If you need some extra help with studying for a test, doing an assignment, getting yourself organized, please feel free to come to Learning Centre B Monday to Friday from 12:00-12:20. A teacher will be there to help you out in any subject.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Student Council is selling SPC cards at lunch in the ticket booth. Cards are $9.
- SADD: The first SADD planning meeting is tomorrow at 11:50am. New members are welcome!
- Attention Grads: Heckbert Studios will be here September 22-25 for grad photos. Every grad must get their picture taken.