It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Mike Hambly, Amy Beck for Mary Ellen Campbell, Jessica Campbell for Anne MacKinnon, Bethany Scully for Matt Killeen, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy, Brian Crane for Pauline Kelly, Janet MacDougall-Turner for Bethany MacLeod.
Happy Birthday to Taylor M. Matheson.
- The following students are asked to please meet in the Foods Lab, Room 136, at 12 noon: Rose Henbest, Daniel Whalen, Molly Stewart, Jonah Wilton, Abby Cooper, James Washington, Ben Blue, Danielle Williams, John Ployer, Alyssa Thaxter, Shelby White, Tanner Peardon, Gracyn MacLean, Victoria Hawkins, Breanna Ching, Ian Soloman, Katie Jordan, William Henbest, Noah Hoskins, Brooks Roche, John Ross Young, Spencer Gillis, Chloe Jardine, and Tara Llewllyn.
- Grads, don’t forget to make an appointment for your grad photos in the yearbook office before September 15. A full sitting is $12 and there are free sittings available as well.
- Deadline is today to submit an entry for the Yearbook Committee cover contest. Please submit your artwork to Ms.McLane, Johann Victor or Michelle MacLennan. Keep in mind the yearbook cover will be black.
- There is a brief meeting of the NEW grad activity committee today at 12 noon in Room l19. Any Grade 12 students interested in this committee, please attend.
- The JAM group (Jesus at Montague) starts today in Learning Centre B at the beginning of lunch. This is a group for Christian teenagers who want to meet to discuss their faith and to do service projects within the school and community. Everyone is welcome!
- Any student wanting or needing to write the ACT or SAT tests should come to Student Services and see Ms. Victor or Mrs. MacGregor-Harris. Deadline is September 13, 2014, for the ACT Test.
- Sign-up sheet for STRIVE is up. Please come and sign up in Student Services. This program is a great way to set some goals, see progress and celebrate achievement.
- A huge thank you to Rachel Campion for her generous donation of books to the school Library!
- Library monitors are still needed for after school on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday! Please see Mrs. Killeen for an application in the Library!
- Readers’ Circle will begin next Friday, September 19. We meet in library Seminar Room A at 12:05pm. Bring your lunch if you like! We’ll discuss what book to start with and make a plan for the semester. Looking forward to meeting new members!
- Men’s Basketball — There will be an important information meeting today at 3:30, for any male students thinking about trying out for this year’s Men’s Basketball team. This meeting will last one hour and anyone who is serious about playing this year MUST be in attendance unless there is another MRHS team commitment. Please spread the word to get as many potential Student Athletes to attend. There is power in numbers! – Coach Cheverie
- Any students interested in keeping score for home volleyball games are asked to see Ms. Nabuurs or Ryan Ferguson.
- Dodgeball sign-up sheets are now up around the school. Sign up by Thursday, September 18.
- Soccer, Volleyball, and Field Hockey consent forms and athletic fees will be collected in the PE area today from 12:00 to 12:20 pm. The athletic fee for these sports is $35. Athletes will receive their uniforms when they hand these items in. Athletes will not play in a game until these items are received.
- Students who do not have Phys. Ed. first semester but need a PE locker can sign one out between 12:00-12:20 in the PE office.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club has begun. If you need some extra help with studying for a test, doing an assignment, getting yourself organized, please feel free to come to Learning Centre B Monday to Friday from 12:00-12:20. A teacher will be there to help you out in any subject.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Student Council is selling SPC cards at lunch in the ticket booth. Cards are $9.
- Chrispie and the Squares, our men’s ensemble, will begin rehearsals on Monday, September 15 at 7:30 am. Any guys who like to sing are welcome!
- Junior Achievement will be in the lobby on Monday, September 15, from 11:45-12:30, to discuss various programs. Stop by for a treat and hear what they have to say.
- Grade 12 Students: Grad Barbeque money ($5.00) will be collected on Monday and Tuesday next week (September 15 and 16) for the event on September 17th.
- Attention Grads: Heckbert Studios will be here September 22-25 for grad photos. Every grad must get their picture taken.
Public Service Announcements:
- Terry Fox Run: Sunday, September 14. Registration from 1:00 to 2:00 pm. Run/walk/ride/run starts at 2:00 pm at the Montague Waterfront Trail 5k or 10k by donation.