It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Alana Trainor (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, and Pam Harris for Pauline Kelly (pm).
Happy Birthday to Makayla Rayner.
- Breakfast Club is now up and running. Students who are using this service are asked to clean up after yourselves in the Cafeteria!
- Young Blood for Life Program – There will be a brief meeting today at 12:15pm in Mr. Trainor’s Room 131 for anyone who would like more information or if you are interested in helping out.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club has begun. If you need some extra help with studying for a test, doing an assignment, getting yourself organized, please feel free to come to Learning Centre B Monday to Friday from 12:00-12:20. A teacher will be there to help you out in any subject.
- Attention Grads: Heckbert Studio will be here September 22-25 for grad photos. Every grad must get their picture taken. Please make an appointment in the yearbook office before September 15. A full sitting is $12 and there are free sittings available as well.
- The Yearbook Committee is having a cover contest. Please submit your artwork to Ms.McLane, Johann Victor or Michelle MacLennan. Keep in mind the yearbook cover will be black. Deadline is Friday!
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Student Council will be selling SPC cards at lunch in the ticket booth. Cards are $9 to purchase and you will save money at many stores and restaurants. Come and check out the deals and help support Student Council.
- Any student wanting or needing to write the ACT or SAT tests should come to Student Services and see Ms. Victor or Mrs. MacGregor-Harris. Deadline is September 13, 2014, for the ACT Test.
- Sign-up sheet for STRIVE is up. Please come and sign up in Student Services. This program is a great way to set some goals, see progress and celebrate achievement.
- Danielle Villard and Chloe Jardine please see Mrs. Killeen in the Library today.
- Library monitors are still needed for after school on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday! Please see Mrs. Killeen for an application in the Library!
- Library will be open today from 3:00 to 630pm.
- Readers’ Circle will begin next Friday, September 19. We meet in library Seminar Room A at 12:05pm. Bring your lunch if you like! We’ll discuss what book to start with and make a plan for the semester. Looking forward to meeting new members!
- Soccer, Volleyball, and Field Hockey consent forms and athletic fees will be collected in the PE area on Thursday and Friday from 12:00 to 12:20 pm. The athletic fee for these sports is $35. Athletes will receive their uniforms when they hand these items in. Athletes will not play in a game until these items are received.
- Women’s Volleyball tryouts today at 4:00pm.
- Women’s Soccer: There will be tryouts for the Women’s Soccer team from 3:30-5:00 today.
- Men’s Basketball — There will be an important information meeting this Friday at 3:30, for any male students thinking about trying out for this year’s Men’s Basketball team. This meeting will last one hour and anyone who is serious about playing this year MUST be in attendance unless there is another MRHS team commitment. Please spread the word to get as many potential Student Athletes to attend. There is power in numbers! – Coach Cheverie
- Students who do not have Phys. Ed. first semester but need a PE locker can sign one out between 12:00-12:20 in the PE office.
- Men’s Soccer tryouts will be held today from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Men’s Volleyball tryouts: Today from 5:00 to7:00pm. All interested, new and returning players to attend.
- Here Comes Treble, our women’s ensemble, will start rehearsals on Friday, September 12 at 7:30 am. Any gals who like to sing are welcome!
- There is a brief meeting of the NEW grad activity committee on Friday at 12 noon in Room l19. Any Grade 12 students interested in this committee, please attend.
- Chrispie and the Squares, our men’s ensemble, will begin rehearsals on Monday, September 15 at 7:30 am. Any guys who like to sing are welcome!
- There will be a very important meeting for all students attending CSLC 2014 at 11:45 in room #133 on Thursday, September 11. Please make sure you attend.
- The JAM group (Jesus at Montague) will start up on Friday, September 12 in Learning Centre B at the beginning of lunch. This is a group for Christian teenagers who want to meet to discuss their faith and to do service projects within the school and community. Everyone is welcome!
- Junior Achievement will be in the lobby on Monday, September 15, from 11:45-12:30, to discuss various programs. Stop by for a treat and hear what they have to say.
- Grade 12 Students: Grad Barbeque money ($5.00) will be collected on Monday and Tuesday next week (September 15 and 16) for the event on September 17th.