It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Amy Beck for Natasha Nabuurs, Jessica Campbell for Angela Killeen, and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston.
Happy Birthday to: David Thompson.
- Any students who are interested in peer tutoring other students should see Ms. Beck right away. You will receive community service bursary hours for this. If you tutored last year, drop in and let Ms. Beck know if you want to carry on with this. We have students already looking for tutors so please drop into the Learning Centre today.
- Any students who would like to have a peer tutor, please see Ms. Beck in Learning Centre B.
- Homework Club has begun. If you need some extra help with studying for a test, doing an assignment, getting yourself organized, please feel free to come to Learning Centre B Monday to Friday from 12:00-12:20. A teacher will be there to help you out in any subject.
- Choir starts today at 3:30 in the music room. Rehearsals will be Tuesdays from 3:30-5:00 and Wednesday mornings from 7:30-8:30. If you like singing, come on out!
- Attention Grads: Heckberts will be here Sept. 22-25 for grad photos. Every grad must get their picture taken. Please make an appointment in the yearbook office before Sept. 15. A full sitting is $12 and there are free sittings available as well.
- The Yearbook Committee is having a cover contest. Please submit your artwork to Ms.McLane, Johann Victor or Michelle MacLennan. Keep in mind the yearbook cover will be black. Deadline is Friday!
- There will be a brief meeting of all those who volunteered for the Breakfast Club today in Ms. A’s office at 11:45. Also, if anyone is interested in helping out with the Breakfast program, please come to the meeting.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Student Council will be selling SPC cards at lunch in the ticket booth. Cards are $9 to purchase and you will save money at many stores and restaurants. Come and check out the deals and help support Student Council.
- Library monitors are still needed for after school on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday! Please see Mrs. Killeen for an application in the Library!
- Library will be open Wednesday from 3:00 to 630pm.
- Readers’ Circle will begin next Friday, September 19. We meet in library Seminar Room A at 12:05pm. Bring your lunch if you like! We’ll discuss what book to start with and make a plan for the semester. Looking forward to meeting new members!
- Following is a list of students who owe library materials from last school year. Please be advised that accounts are frozen and returns are always welcome. Ryan MacPherson, Taylor Marlin, Dawn Boudreault, Hanna Weavers, Caelab Buell, Kailley Robertson, Amie MacPherson, Chelsey Keefe, Taylor MacLean, , Chloe Chapman, Jessie Campbell, Jamie Robertson.
- Danielle Villard and Chloe Jardine please see Mrs. Killeen in the Library tomorrow (Wednesday).
- Any Grade 12s with a study block this semester should see Mrs. Killeen in the library during break, if you haven’t already checked in and received pertinent information.
- Women’s Volleyball tryouts Wednesday at 4:00pm.
- There is a sign-up sheet for Power Lifting and the Golf Team in the gym hallway for Boys and Girls. Golf team starts today.
- Students who do not have Phys. Ed. first semester but need a PE locker can sign one out between 12:00-12:20 in the PE office.
- Men’s Soccer tryouts will be held today and Wednesday (September 8-10), from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Men’s Volleyball tryouts: Today 5:00-7:00pm, and Wednesday 5:00-7:00pm. All interested, new and returning players to attend.
- Young Blood for Life Program – There will be a brief meeting on Wednesday, September 10 at 12:15pm in Mr. Trainor’s Room 131 for anyone interested in helping or that would like more information.
- Here Comes Treble, our women’s ensemble, will start rehearsals on Friday, September 12 at 7:30 am. Any gals who like to sing are welcome!
- Chrispie and the Squares, our men’s ensemble, will begin rehearsals on Monday, September 15 at 7:30 am. Any guys who like to sing are welcome!
- There will be a very important meeting for all students attending CSLC 2014 at 11:45 in room #133 on Thursday, September 11. Please make sure you attend.
- The JAM group (Jesus at Montague) will start up on Friday, September 12 in Learning Centre B at the beginning of lunch. This is a group for Christian teenagers who want to meet to discuss their faith and to do service projects within the school and community. Everyone is welcome!
- Junior Achievement will be in the lobby on Monday, September 15, from 11:45-12:30, to discuss various programs. Stop by for a treat and hear what they have to say.