It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Anna Howlett for Matt Killeen, Amy Beck for Anne MacKinnon, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy(a.m.) and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell
Happy Belated Birthday to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over the weekend: Harrison Jenkins and Coady MacCallum.
- Concert Band practice will start Tuesday morning (September 9) at 7:30am. All Grades 10, 11, and 12 band students must attend.
- Students may make requests for the “Friday Song”. Requests have to be submitted no later than Thursday to Noah Hoskins, Colton Matheson, or Ms. Natasha Nabuurs.
- Student Council will be selling SPC cards at lunch in the ticket booth. Cards are $9 to purchase and you will save money at many stores and restaurants. Come and check out the deals and help support Student Council.
- Staff and students, please check out the new Library display case for the Chapters Indigo exclusive list of the “21 books to Read before you’re 21!”. Almost all are available and ready for loan! Visit the Library for a display featuring Terry Fox and “get caught fishing” for information on the 1864 Charlottetown Conference, featuring materials on Confederation.
- Need a book for reading period? It’s pretty obvious where to go!! Stop by the Library!! New books will make their way to Library shelves soon, but there are still lots to choose from in the meantime! See Mrs Killeen for help or more information!
- Following is a list of students who owe library materials from last school year. Please be advised that accounts are frozen and returns are always welcome. Alicia MacKinnon, Ryan MacPherson, Taylor Marlin, Kaitlyn Stewart, Dawn Boudreault, Hanna Weavers, Caelab Buell, Kailley Robertson, Amie MacPherson, Chelsey Keefe, Taylor MacLean, Dylan Murphy, Amy MacKenzie, Chloe Chapman, Jessie Campbell, Jamie Robertson.
- Reagan MacDonald and Danielle Villard, please see Mrs. Killeen in the Library.
- Any Grade 12s with a study block this semester should see Mrs. Killeen in the library during break, if you haven’t already checked in and received pertinent information.
- First Field Hockey tryout will be today from 3:30 to 4:30pm.
- Women’s Volleyball tryouts today and Wednesday at 4:00pm.
- All those interested in playing Women’s Basketball should attend a training session today from 7-9 pm in the MRHS gym.
- Tryouts for the Women’s Soccer team will begin today from 3:30-5:00 on the back field. All those interested in trying out should sign up in the Phys Ed area.
- There is a sign-up sheet for Power Lifting and the Golf Team in the gym hallway for Boys and Girls. Golf team starts tomorrow: Tuesday.
- Students who do not have Phys. Ed. first semester but need a PE locker can sign one out between 12:00-12:20 in the PE office.
- Men’s Soccer tryouts will be held today, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week (September 8-10), from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
- Men’s Volleyball tryouts: Today from 3:15-5:15pm, Tuesday 5:00-7:00pm, and Wednesday 5:00-7:00pm. All interested, new and returning players to attend.
- Choir starts tomorrow, Tuesday, September 9, at 3:30 in the music room. Rehearsals will be Tuesdays from 3:30-5:00 and Wednesday mornings from 7:30-8:30. If you like singing, come on out!!!! 🙂
- Here Comes Treble, our women’s ensemble, will start rehearsals on Friday, September 12 at 7:30 am. Any gals who like to sing are welcome! 🙂
- Chrispie and the Squares, our men’s ensemble, will begin rehearsals on Monday, September 15 at 7:30 am. Any guys who like to sing are welcome!! 🙂
- The JAM group (Jesus at Montague) will start up on Friday, September 12 in Learning Centre B at the beginning of lunch. This is a group for Christian teenagers who want to meet to discuss their faith and to do service projects within the school and community. Anyone is welcome!!