It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome the following guest staff today: Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene and Amy Beck for Anne MacKinnon (pm).
Happy Birthday to Sarah MacVarish, Alyta VanDenbroek.
• Student Council will be serving free hot dogs at lunch to welcome the new school year. Go to the Cafeteria at lunch break and enjoy some hot dogs! Best price ever… FREE!
• Reagan MacDonald and Danielle Villard, please see Mrs. Killeen in the Library.
• Any Grade 12s with a study block this semester should see Mrs. Killeen in the library during break, if you haven’t already checked in and received pertinent information.
• Staff and students, please check out the new Library display case for the Chapters Indigo exclusive list of the “21 books to Read before you’re 21!”. Almost all are available and ready for loan! Visit the Library for a display featuring Terry Fox and “get caught fishing” for information on the 1864 Charlottetown Conference, featuring materials on Confederation.
• Need a book for reading period? It’s pretty obvious where to go!! Stop by the Library!! New books will make their way to Library shelves soon, but there’s still lots to choose from in the meantime! See Mrs Killeen for help or more information!
• Following is a list of students who owe library materials from last school year. Please be advised that accounts are frozen and returns are always welcome. Alicia MacKinnon, Ryan MacPherson, Taylor Marlin, Kaitlyn Stewart, Dawn Boudreault, HannaWeavers, Caelab Buell, Kailley Robertson, Quentin Kenny, Amie MacPherson, Chelsey Keefe, Taylor MacLean, Dylan Murphy, Marlee Clark, Danielle Villard, Amy MacKenzie, Anja Whiteway, Chloe Chapman, Jessie Campbell, Jamie Robertson.
• Men’s Soccer: There will be a meeting for all interested in playing Men’s Soccer at 11:43 today in the Carpentry Shop.
• There is a sign-up sheet for Power Lifting and the Golf Team in the gym hallway for Boys and Girls. Golf team starts next Tuesday.
• First Field Hockey tryout will be Monday from 3:30 to 4:30pm.
• All those interested in playing Women’s Basketball should attend a training session on Monday from 7-9 pm in the MRHS gym.
• The Athletic Department is seeking a head coach for our women’s volleyball team. Please contact Ms. Nabuurs if you are interested (firstname.lastname@example.org or 838-0835).
• Students who do not have Phys. Ed. first semester but need a PE locker can sign one out between 12:00-12:20 in the PE office beginning today.
• Tryouts for the Women’s Soccer team will begin on Monday, September 8, from 3:30-5:00 on the back field. All those interested in trying out should sign up in the Phys Ed area.
• Men’s Soccer tryouts will be held on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of next week (September 8-10), from 3:30 to 5:00pm.
• Men’s Volleyball tryouts: Monday 3:15-5:15pm, Tuesday 5:00-7:00pm, and Wednesday 5:00-7:00pm. All interested, new and returning players to attend.
Public Service Announcements:
• The Wellness Centre CK’s Canteen is not open until Monday, September 8.
• Ed Ratelle, Master Hypnotist Show: Friday, September 5, 2014, at 7:00pm at the Northumberland Arena in Murray River. Admission: $10 in advance, $15 at the door. Call 962-3327 for more information.