It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Craig Conohan andDenise Carroll for Kelly Matheson (pm).
Happy Birthday to Dylan Ferguson, Tony Nabuurs, and JoJo Orsatti.
- Wednesday morning: MAT611B, MAT621A, AGS801A, ITE801A
- Wednesday afternoon: PED621A, BIO62A
- Thursday morning: PHY621A, FRE621A
- Thursday afternoon: CHM621A, HIS621X
- Friday morning: ENG421A, ENG521A
- Friday afternoon: BIO521A, SCI421A
- Monday morning: MAT421A, MAT521A
- Monday afternoon: HIS421A, GEO421A, GEO521A, CHM521A
- Tuesday morning: FRE421A, FRE421B, HIS521A
- Tuesday afternoon: CMP521A, PHY521A
- Grade 12 students are now in exam mode! Students in Grades 10 and 11 have regular classes until this Friday when undergrad exams begin. Grades 10 and 11 students who are in Grade 12 courses should report to the Library for that time period.
- The following students still have a balance owing on their yearbook. This needs to be paid before you get your report card. Madison Acorn, Chris Butler, Allie Cheverie, Maddy Clements, Jory Donovan, Alex Gay, Brooke Hancock, Robert Hicken, Kayla Howe, Mitchell Johnston, Hayley MacLeod, Rebecca Martell, Tyler McGillivray, Colton Morris, Daniel Morrison, Zack Munroe, Logan Robertson.
- Important outlines with dates and times for Prom and Grad activities are available on the school website.
- Josten’s shipped 15 extra yearbooks. They are for sale for $50 as long as supplies last! See Olivia Jamieson, Alexander King, Sabryna Schurman, or Kelly at the main office to buy one.
- Do you have outstanding Library materials? Today is the day you should have everything returned!
- The MRHS Athletic Department is pleased to announce the following award winners for the Track and Field Team: MVP – Hunter McIntryre and Perseverance Award – Morganne Rice.
- PEI U16 & U18 Men’s Rugby tryouts are on Sunday, June 15, from 1pm-3pm at Bluefield High School.
- Basketball Camp at Montague Intermediate School: August 25-28 for Grades 6-12 girls and boys. For more information, contact email@example.com or 838-0860.
- The MRHS Female Athletes of the Week are Julia Patton and Mikayla McGuirk.
- Julia got a double in the last inning to start a 6 run rally in the Women’s Softball Bronze Medal win over Charlottetown Rural. Julia also played well in the field, making several key plays. Her team spirit will be missed next year!
- Mikayla led the forwards both offensively and defensively, making several key tackles and scoring a try in the Women’s Rugby Bronze Medal win over Bluefield.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Hunter McIntyre. Hunter placed 2nd in the Midget Boys 100m dash and 2nd in the long jump at the PEISAA Provincial Championships this past weekend.
- Noted below are students who have outstanding balances in Athletics, to be paid as soon as possible.
- Rugby Fees: Liam Thompson $30, Cordell Blaisdell $35, Lucas Cann $35, Peter Konstantakis $30, Jory Donovan $30, Michaela LaPorte $30, Kim Stevenson $30, Ali White $30, Bethany MacKenzie $30, and Chloe Chapman $30.
- Softball Fees: Kyle Murphy $35, Cole Jenkins $35, and Taylor Ferguson $35.
- Track and Field Fees: Tynan Murphy $10, and Hunter MacIntyre $10.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Summer School will be offered at Colonel Gray High School this summer. Registration deadline is June 19; however, students are advised to register ASAP. Students can get all the information you need (courses offered, schedule, etc.) and then register online by clicking on the link: https://colgray.pbworks.com/w/page/80810006/ELSB%20Summer%20Learning%202014%20Registration?securitymsg=true
Public Service Annnouncements:
- The Northumberland Fisheries Festival, happening on July 24-27, 2014, is looking for girls ages 14-18 to participate in the Miss. Northumberland Pageant! All who are interested in a great experience can call 962-3327 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. Also NEW to this year’s festival – a Ground Hockey Tournament! 7 players per team – contact Jason Whiteway at 969-8470 or find him on facebook to register. There is a “Catch Me If You Can” 5k Run/Walk – $10.00 entry – sign up by June 30 for a free T-shirt – call Karri Ferguson at 962-2151 to register.