It’s a “C-D” Day for Grades 10 & 11. Exam Day for Grade 12.
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Colleen Norris for Sandra Hicken (am), Graham MacDonald for Chantelle Beaton, and Michael Brothers for Trisha Burrows.
Happy Birthday to Danny Cain, Cassidy Morrison and Damien Taylor.
- There will be a meeting at the beginning of lunch in Learning Centre B for all students who are serving food at Prom.
- Grade 12 students start exams today! Students in Grades 10 and 11 have regular classes until this Friday when undergrad exams begin.
- The following students still have a balance owing on their yearbook. This needs to be paid before you get your report card. Madison Acorn, Chris Butler, Allie Cheverie, Maddy Clements, Jory Donovan, Alex Gay, Brooke Hancock, Robert Hicken, Kayla Howe, Mitchell Johnston, Hayley MacLeod, Rebecca Martell, Tyler McGillivray, Colton Morris, Daniel Morrison, Zack Munroe, Logan Robertson.
- Important outlines with dates and times for Prom and Grad activities are available on the school website.
- Josten’s shipped 15 extra yearbooks. They are for sale for $50 as long as supplies last! See Olivia Jamieson, Alexander King, Sabryna Schurman, or Kelly at the main office to buy one.
- All materials should be returned to library by end of the day Wednesday.
- The MRHS Female Athletes of the Week are Julia Patton and Mikayla McGuirk.
- Julia got a double in the last inning to start a 6 run rally in the Women’s Softball Bronze Medal win over Charlottetown Rural. Julia also played well in the field, making several key plays. Her team spirit will be missed next year!
- Mikayla led the forwards both offensively and defensively, making several key tackles and scoring a try in the Women’s Rugby Bronze Medal win over Bluefield.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Hunter McIntyre. Hunter placed 2nd in the Midget Boys 100m dash and 2nd in the long jump at the PEISAA Provincial Championships this past weekend.
- Noted below are students who have outstanding balances in Athletics, to be paid as soon as possible.
- Rugby Fees: Liam Thompson $30, Cordell Blaisdell $35, Lucas Cann $35, Peter Konstantakis $30, Jory Donovan $30, Michaela LaPorte $30, Kim Stevenson $30, Ali White $30, Bethany MacKenzie $30, and Chloe Chapman $30.
- Softball Fees: Kyle Murphy $35, Cole Jenkins $35, and Taylor Ferguson $35.
- Track and Field Fees: Tynan Murphy $10, and Hunter MacIntyre $10.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Summer School will be offered at Colonel Gray High School this summer. Registration deadline is June 19; however, students are advised to register ASAP. Students can get all the information you need (courses offered, schedule, etc.) and then register online by clicking on the link: https://colgray.pbworks.com/w/page/80810006/ELSB%20Summer%20Learning%202014%20Registration?securitymsg=true
Public Service Annnouncements:
- On July 15and July 16, the Summerside Lobster Festival will be holding the Youth Talent Showcase at the Green’s Shore Tent in Summerside (7:00-9:00pm). The Showcase will feature 20 acts- five acts from each category: Dance Performance, Dramatic Performance, Musical Performance, Vocal Performance. There is an online contest for those who wish to participate in the Showcase. Participants must upload a 5-10 minute video to the online contest app, indicating which category they are entering. The video will then be open to the public to vote on their favorite video. http://summersidelobsterfest.com/?event=youth-talent-showcase