It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Brothers for Ronnie Munn, Graham MacDonald for Mary Ellen Lowther (am) and Karen Malone (pm), and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston.
Happy Birthday to Reagan MacDonald and Kaitlyn Patton. We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Noah Hoskins, Leslie Creed, and Rebecca Millar-Robertson.
- Prom Committee meeting today at 12:05 in the Library Conference room. Everyone must attend!
- All members of the Disney Choir who have not already seen Ms. Beck should do so today.
- The following students still have a balance owing on their yearbook. This needs to be paid before you get your report card. Madison Acorn, Chris Butler, Allie Cheverie, Maddy Clements, Jory Donovan, Alex Gay, Brooke Hancock, Robert Hicken, Kayla Howe, Mitchell Johnston, Hayley MacLeod, Rebecca Martell, Tyler McGillivray, Colton Morris, Daniel Morrison, Zack Munroe, Logan Robertson, Kim Stevenson.
- Found: set of black ear buds (found outside), gold coloured pearl ring, gold/silver cat pin, various jump drives. Check at the office.
- Important outlines with dates and times for Prom and Grad activities are available on the school website.
- Josten’s shipped 15 extra yearbooks. They are for sale for $50 as long as supplies last! See Olivia Jamieson, Alexander King, Sabryna Schurman, or Kelly at the main office to buy one.
- Homeroom teachers: In your mailboxes, you will find blue sheets indicating all library materials currently on loan to your students. Please share with your homeroom students over the next few days. All materials should be returned to library by end of the day Wednesday. Teachers, please let Mrs. Killeen know if there are students on this sheet that should NOT be.
- Phys. Ed. Classes will be going to the driving range today.
- Congratulations to the winners of the Viking Spring Training Program! Each have won a $25 SportChek gift card; and can see Dawn in the main school office to claim the prize. The winners of each category are:
- Female Plank: Emily Brothers – 4:10, Maddy Delodder – 4:10
- Female Chinups: Emily Brothers – 10, Maddy Delodder – 10
- Male Chinups: Mitchell Lannigan – 42
- Female 1-mile Run: Laura Gallo – 8:54
- Male 1-mile Run: Tyler Deagle – 5:54
- Female Vertical Jump: Nadine Blue
- Male Vertical Jump: Dylan Perry
- Male 5-min Bike: Brandon Henderson – 3 ½ miles
- Congratulations to the following athletes who placed at the PEISAA Provincial Track and Field Championships on the weekend:
- Morganne Rice – 3rd 1200m
- Nadine Blue – 2nd Triple Jump
- Sarah Visser – 2nd Shot Put
- Bailey Jackson – 3rd Long Jump
- Hunter MacIntyre – 2nd 100m and Long Jump
- Mark Morrison – 3rd High Jump
- Noah Inman – 2nd Javelin
- Cameron Glover – 2nd High Jump
- Noted below are students who have outstanding balances in Athletics, to be paid as soon as possible.
- Rugby Fees: Liam Thompson $30, Cordell Blaisdell $35, Brody MacDonald $35, Lucas Cann $35, Peter Konstantakis $30, Jory Donovan $30, Michaela LaPorte $30, Kim Stevenson $30, Ali White $30, Bethany MacKenzie $30, and Chloe Chapman $30.
- Softball Fees: Kyle Murphy $35, Cole Jenkins $35, and Taylor Ferguson $35.
- Track and Field Fees: Tynan Murphy $10, and Hunter MacIntyre $10.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Summer School will be offered at Colonel Gray High School this summer. Registration deadline is June 19; however, students are advised to register ASAP. Students can get all the information you need (courses offered, schedule, etc.) and then register online by clicking on the link: https://colgray.pbworks.com/w/page/80810006/ELSB%20Summer%20Learning%202014%20Registration?securitymsg=true
Public Service Annnouncements:
- Parks Canada is Hiring Bilingual Students! Interviews will be taking place in Charlottetown Wednesday, June 11, and Thursday, June 12. Please call (902)566-7264 to make an appointment. Parcs Canada embauche des étudiants bilingues. Les entrevues se tiendront à Charlottetown le mercredi 11 juin et le jeudi 12 juin. Veuillez appeler au 902-566-7264 pour fixer la date et l’heure de l’entrevue.