It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brian Somers for Carl Evans, Glenda Kohli for Maureen MacDonald, Anna Ignacio for Kim Mason, Graham MacDonald for Kelly Pike, Krista Boudreault for Chantelle Beaton, Jennifer Yorston (am) and Wanda Cheverie (pm) for Rod MacDonald, Katherine Huston for Sharon Anderson and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to Stephen Chandler and John Ployer.
- Any students who are interested in being a Peer Helper next year should see Ms. Beaton or Mr. Killeen.
- Important outlines with dates and times for Prom and Grad activities are available on the school website.
- Prom tickets are on sale from 12 to 12:20 pm at the ticket booth until Friday. Tickets are $25.00 each. Make sure you have your dance contract signed before purchasing your ticket.
- Josten’s shipped 15 extra yearbooks. They are for sale for $50 as long as supplies last! See Olivia Jamieson, Alexander King, Sabryna Schurman, or Kelly at the main office to buy one.
- Students are reminded NOT to park in the handicapped areas in the parking lots. If all parking spots are taken in the student parking area, students can use the far spots, closest to the rugby fields, in the staff parking area.
- Due to Library inventory, the last day to borrow print materials from the library will be Friday, June 6. Students must return all materials by Wednesday, June 11, or a charge for items owing may appear on report cards. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- Mrs. Trainor’s A-Block HAL will be going to the driving range today.
- The Men’s Rugby team will depart for their AA championship game at KISH today at 5 pm.
- The Women’s Softball team takes on Charlottetown Rural for the bronze medal today at 6 pm in Westisle. Bus departs at 2:00 pm.
- Track and field athletes who did not qualify for provincials must return their uniforms to Ms. Nabuurs this week.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Nabuurs or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Today (Wednesday), a recruiter from the Canadian Armed Forces will be set up in the lobby during lunch to provide info and answer questions about the Reserves and the Regular Forces.
- Summer School will be offered at Colonel Gray High School this summer. Registration deadline for Coop courses is June 6 and June 19 for all other courses; however, students are advised to register ASAP. Students can get all the information you need (courses offered, schedule, etc.) and then register online by clicking on the link: https://colgray.pbworks.com/w/page/80810006/ELSB%20Summer%20Learning%202014%20Registration?securitymsg=true
- Students are reminded that the Grade 12 Grad Prize applications are due June 6.
Public Service Announcements:
- Miss Montague Pageant: The Town of Montague is holding a pageant this year as part of Montague Days scheduled for July 11, 12, and 13, 2014. Application forms are available at the MRHS main office.
- Queen of the Furrows Pageant: Any girls interested in entering the Queen of the Furrows pageant this summer are asked to please see Kelsey Johnston, or contact Amie Swallow MacDonald (902-969-2982). There are ten eligible spots. It is a first come, first served, basis, and the deadline to register is August 14.