It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Kirk White (am) and Robert Kaufman (pm) for Lianne Garland, Graham MacDonald for Karen Malone, Colleen Norris for Glenda McInnis, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene, Glenda Kohli for Holly McKenna, Vanessa Foster for Mary Ellen Lowther, Blanche Moyaert for Craig Conohan, and Anna Ignacio for Sharon Anderson.
Happy Birthday to Earl Campbell!
- Prom Committee will meet today after school in the Learning Centre. Everyone must attend!
- Peer Helping: Any students who are interested in being a Peer Helper next year should see Ms. Beaton or Mr. Killeen some time today.
- Prom tickets are on sale from 12 to 12:20 pm at the ticket booth until Friday. Tickets are $25.00 each. Make sure you have your dance contract signed before purchasing your ticket.
- Josten’s shipped 15 extra yearbooks. They are for sale for $50 as long as supplies last! See Olivia Jamieson, Alexander King, Sabryna Schurman, or Kelly at the main office to buy one.
- Students are reminded NOT to park in the handicapped areas in the parking lots. If all parking spots are taken in the student parking area, students can use the far spots, closest to the rugby fields, in the staff parking area.
- Due to Library inventory, the last day to borrow print materials from the library will be Friday, June 6. Students must return all materials by Wednesday, June 11, or a charge for items owing may appear on report cards. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- Congratulations to the Women’s Softball team for a hard fought game. The girls lost 4-2 to Bluefield and will now compete for the Bronze metal on Wednesday against Charlottetown Rural. Good luck, Girls!
- Congratulations to the Men’s Rugby team on their 19-7 semifinal defeat of KISH last night. The men will play for AA gold on Wednesday.
- Track and Field Athletes: There is a mandatory meeting in the PE area at morning break for all athletes who have qualified for provincials.
- The Women’s Rugby team will depart for TOSH at 3 pm today for their semifinal game. Bus will leave from the Wellness Centre. Good luck ladies!
- All Phys. Ed. Classes will be going to the driving range today. Mrs. Trainor’s A-Block HAL will be going to the driving range tomorrow (Wednesday).
- Men’s Spring Basketball training will continue tonight, 5-7pm, at MRHS. Any male students in Grades 7-11 who are interested in playing next year are encouraged to attend.
- Track and field athletes who did not qualify for provincials must return their uniforms to Ms. Nabuurs this week.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- On Wednesday, June 4, a recruiter from the Canadian Armed Forces will be set up in the lobby during lunch to provide info and answer questions about the Reserves and the Regular Forces.
- Summer School will be offered at Colonel Gray High School this summer. Registration deadline for Coop courses is June 6 and June 19 for all other courses; however, students are advised to register ASAP. Students can get all the information you need (courses offered, schedule, etc.) and then register online by clicking on the link: https://colgray.pbworks.com/w/page/80810006/ELSB%20Summer%20Learning%202014%20Registration?securitymsg=true
- Students are reminded that the Grade 12 Grad Prize applications are due June 6.
Public Service Annnouncements:
- Miss Montague Pageant: The Town of Montague is holding a pageant this year as part of Montague Days scheduled for July 11, 12, and 13, 2014. Application forms are available at the MRHS main office.
- Queen of the Furrows Pageant: Any girls interested in entering the Queen of the Furrows pageant this summer are asked to please see Kelsey Johnston, or contact Amie Swallow MacDonald (902-969-2982). There are ten eligible spots. It is a first come, first served, basis, and the deadline to register is August 14.