It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Glenda Kohli for Anne MacKinnon, Trevor MacDonald for Angela Killeen, Wanda Cheverie for Rod MacDonald (am), Brian Crane for Lynn Hayes, and Graham MacDonald for Jonathan Hayes.
Happy Birthday to Tamara Acorn-MacDonald, Brandon Brydon, Kaytlin Chandler, and Danielle Collings. We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Stephanie Hinks, Patrick Walsh, Daniel Whalen, and Amelia Hameline.
- STRIVE students’ journals are due today.
- Prom tickets are on sale from 12 to 12:20 pm at the ticket booth until Friday. Tickets are $25.00 each. Make sure you have your dance contract signed before purchasing your ticket.
- Josten’s shipped 15 extra yearbooks. They are for sale for $50 as long as supplies last! See Olivia Jamieson, Alexander King, Sabryna Schurman, or Kelly at the main office to buy one.
- The following students are asked to please return magazines to the Library: Andrea Smith, Austin Bernadino, and Riley Lavandier.
- Due to Library inventory, the last day to borrow print materials from the library will be Friday, June 6. Students must return all materials by Wednesday, June 11, or a charge for items owing may appear on report cards. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- Today’s Home Game: Women’s Softball team takes on Bluefield at 5:30 pm in quarterfinal action. Come out and cheer your Vikings to victory!
- All Phys. Ed. Classes will be going to the driving range on Tuesday, June 3, and will need to bring a golf club for class. Mrs. Trainor’s A-Block HAL will be going to the driving range on Wednesday, June 4.
- Athletes who did not qualify to compete at the PEISAA Provincial Championships must return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd today.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- On Wednesday, June 4, a recruiter from the Canadian Armed Forces will be set up in the lobby during lunch to provide info and answer questions about the Reserves and the Regular Forces.
- Summer School will be offered at Colonel Gray High School this summer. Registration deadline for Coop courses is June 6 and June 19 for all other courses; however, students are advised to register ASAP. Students can get all the information you need (courses offered, schedule, etc.) and then register online by clicking on the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ELSB_Summer_Learning_2014
- Students are reminded that the Grade 12 Grad Prize applications are due June 6.
Public Service Annnouncements:
- Miss Montague Pageant: The Town of Montague is holding a pageant this year as part of Montague Days scheduled for July 11, 12, and 13, 2014. Application forms are available at the MRHS main office.
- Queen of the Furrows Pageant: Any girls interested in entering the Queen of the Furrows pageant this summer are asked to please see Kelsey Johnston, or contact Amie Swallow MacDonald (902-969-2982). There are ten eligible spots. It is a first come, first served, basis, and the deadline to register is August 14.