It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Glenda Kohli for Alana Trainor, Donna White for Kim Mason (pm), Michael Hambly for Anne MacKinnon, Graham MacDonald for Matthew Killeen, Robert Kaufman for Trisha Burrows, Blanche Moyaert for Ralph Jamieson, and Roberta Giddings for Tim Lea.
Happy Birthday to Chloe Chapman and Sarah Somers.
- Culinary Class is serving their last meal for the year. Price is $6… there may be some left. Check it out!
- Grad Committee meeting today in Room 119 at 12:00 noon.
- Prom tickets will be on sale all week in the ticket booth from 12- 12:20. Tickets are $25.00 each. Make sure you have your dance contract signed before purchasing your ticket.
- Josten’s shipped 15 extra yearbooks. They are for sale for $50 as long as supplies last! See Olivia Jamieson, Alexander King, Sabryna Schurman, or Kelly at the main office to buy one.
- Found: White jump drive, black lunch bag. Check at the office if you are missing either of these items.
- Lists of Library overdue items are posted in classrooms. Items should be returned or renewed at break or lunch. Due to Library inventory, the last day to borrow print materials from the library will be Friday, June 6. Students must return all materials by Wednesday, June 11, or a charge for items owing may appear on report cards. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- Today’s Home Games: Women’s Softball plays Evangeline at 5:30 pm (Quarterfinal – Women should be on the field at 4:45), and Women’s Rugby play Westisle at TBA (Quarterfinal). Come out and cheer on your fellow Vikings!
- The Men’s Softball & Men’s Rugby teams will depart for TOSH and Charlottetown Rural at 3:00pm today.
- Congratulations to the following track and field athletes who have qualified to compete at the PEISAA Provincial Championships at UPEI on June 6-7: Sarah MacVarish, Morganne Rice, Billie MacKay, Hannah Glover, Nadine Blue, Sarah Visser, Danielle Collings, Jenna Schellekens, Alanna VanWiechen, Bailey Jackson, Emma MacDonald, Allie Boyle, Hunter MacIntyre, Daniel Whalen, David Thompson, Mark Morrison, Chaucer Fraser, Anthony McGuigan, Noah Inman, Spencer Arsenault, Cody Forrester, Cameron Glover, and Tynan Murphy. Athletes who did not qualify must return their uniforms to Ms. Dowd on Monday.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- STRIVE students are reminded that your journals are due Monday, June 2.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Any Grade 12 students who have not filled out a grad info form are asked to please see Ms Victor or Mr Conohan at Student Services ASAP. All potential grads are asked to fill out this form as soon as possible.
- This is a friendly reminder that Grade 12 students who have been accepted into a postsecondary program during the 2014-15 academic year are asked to provide Ms Victor or Mr Conohan the following information as soon as possible: (1) What program you will be taking and at which institution? This information is essential to ensure your final transcript gets sent. (2) Any scholarships or awards you will be receiving. We need this information to recognize both the student recipient of the award and the donor. Please provide this great news to us as soon as you are notified and if possible please bring in a copy of the award offer letter.
- On Wednesday, June 4, a recruiter from the Canadian Armed Forces will be set up in the lobby during lunch to provide info and answer questions about the Reserves and the Regular Forces.
- Summer School will be offered at Colonel Gray High School this summer. Registration deadline for Coop courses is June 6 and June 19 for all other courses; however, students are advised to register ASAP. Students can get all the information you need (courses offered, schedule, etc.) and then register online by clicking on the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ELSB_Summer_Learning_2014
- There are a number of scholarship deadlines coming up: PEI Roadrunners Bursary (May 31), PEI Women’s Institute Education Scholarship (May 31), SSTA Society Saint-Thomas-D’Aquin Scholarships and Bursary Competitions (May 31). Students are reminded that the Grade 12 Grad Prize applications are due June 6, except for the Belfast Minor Hockey Award which is due on May 22.
Public Service Annnouncements:
- Miss Montague Pageant: The Town of Montague is holding a pageant this year as part of Montague Days scheduled for July 11, 12, and 13, 2014. Application forms are available at the MRHS main office.
- Queen of the Furrows Pageant: Any girls interested in entering the Queen of the Furrows pageant this summer are asked to please see Kelsey Johnston, or contact Amie Swallow MacDonald (902-969-2982). There are ten eligible spots. It is a first come, first served, basis, and the deadline to register is August 14.