It’s a D-C Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Karen Malone, Krista Boudreault for Amy Beck, Brian Crane for Toby Murphy (pm), and Tracy Schurman for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to Kyle Dockendorff!
- Prom Committee will meet today at lunch in the Library Conference Room.
- There is a brief Grad Committee meeting in Room 119 today at 12:00 noon.
- The Annual MRHS Awards Banquet is being held this evening, starting at 6.
- Congratulations to the following people who are up for the Musician of the Year Award: Evan Furness, Leah Jordan, Jacob MacSweeney, Lisa Morrison, Akiko Okino, Noah Perry, Owen Shaw, and Robert Villard.
- Prom tickets will be on sale all week in the ticket booth from 12- 12:20. Tickets are $25.00 each. Make sure you have your dance contract signed before purchasing your ticket.
- Josten’s shipped 15 extra yearbooks. They are for sale for $50 as long as supplies last! See Olivia Jamieson, Alexander King, Sabryna Schurman, or Kelly at the main office to buy one.
- Found: White jump drive, black lunch bag, and a phone charger cord. Check at the office if you are missing any of these items.
- List of Library overdue items are posted in classrooms. Items should be returned or renewed at break or lunch. Due to Library inventory, the last day to borrow print materials from the library will be Wednesday, June 6. Students must return all materials by June 11, or a charge for items owing may appear on report cards. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- The MRHS Athletics Department is pleased to announce the nominees for Athlete of the Year. Female: Alyssa Ferguson, Alanna VanWiechen, Megan Walsh; and Male: Tristan Dawson, Cody Forrester, Tynan Murphy.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- Celebration of the One Room School: Did you attend one? Come to an open house on Thursday, May 29, from 9:00 to 11:30am in the MRHS Cafeteria. You’ll enjoy guest speakers, displays, music and refreshments. The general public is welcome. Share your experiences with us.
- STRIVE students are reminded that your journals are due Monday, June 2.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Any Grade 12 students who have not filled out a grad info form are asked to please see Ms Victor or Mr Conohan at Student Services ASAP. (If you are in a Grade 12 homeroom you would not have had an opportunity to fill one of these out.) All potential grads are asked to fill out this form as soon as possible.
- This is a friendly reminder that Grade 12 students who have been accepted into a postsecondary program during the 2014-15 academic year are asked to provide Ms Victor or Mr Conohan the following information as soon as possible: (1) What program you will be taking and at which institution? This information is essential to ensure your final transcript gets sent. (2) Any scholarships or awards you will be receiving. We need this information to recognize both the student recipient of the award and the donor. Please provide this great news to us as soon as you are notified and if possible please bring in a copy of the award offer letter.
- On Wednesday, June 4, a recruiter from the Canadian Armed Forces will be set up in the lobby during lunch to provide info and answer questions about the Reserves and the Regular Forces.
- Summer School will be offered at Colonel Gray High School this summer. Registration deadline for Coop courses is June 6 and June 19 for all other courses; however, students are advised to register ASAP. Students can get all the information you need (courses offered, schedule, etc.) and then register online by clicking on the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ELSB_Summer_Learning_2014
- There are a number of scholarship deadlines coming up: Learning Matters Education Charity (May 30), Monsanto Canada Opportunity Scholarship (May 30), PEI Roadrunners Bursary (May 31), PEI Women’s Institute Education Scholarship (May 31), SSTA Society Saint-Thomas-D’Aquin Scholarships and Bursary Competitions (May 31). Students are reminded that the Grade 12 Grad Prize applications are due June 6, except for the Belfast Minor Hockey Award which is due on May 22.
Public Service Annnouncements:
- Miss Montague Pageant: The Town of Montague is holding a pageant this year as part of Montague Days scheduled for July 11, 12, and 13, 2014. Application forms are available at the MRHS main office.
- Queen of the Furrows Pageant: Any girls interested in entering the Queen of the Furrows pageant this summer are asked to please see Kelsey Johnston, or contact Amie Swallow MacDonald (902-969-2982). There are ten eligible spots. It is a first come, first served, basis, and the deadline to register is August 14.