It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brian Crane for Yvonne Higgins (am) and Gail Greene (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene (am), Michael Brothers for Bobby Nicholson, Donna White for Jennifer Victor, Michael Hambly for Chantelle Beaton, Graham MacDonald for Karen Malone, Glenda Kohli for Sharon Anderson, and Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie.
Happy Birthday to Chris Benoit and Zachary Purchase. We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Stephanie McBride, Tanner Peardon, Dean Hicken and Nikeda MacDonald.
- Those students who need to finish Mr. Trainor’s Biology 621 test should see Mr. Trainor during lunch break or on your study block.
- Prom tickets will be on sale all week in the ticket booth from 12- 12:20. Tickets are $25.00 each. Make sure you have your dance contract signed before purchasing your ticket.
- Josten’s shipped 15 extra yearbooks. They are for sale for $50 as long as supplies last! See Olivia Jamieson, Alexander King, Sabryna Schurman, or Kelly at the main office to buy one.
- Found: If you are missing a jump drive, please check at the main office.
- List of Library overdue items are posted in classrooms. Items should be returned or renewed at break or lunch. Due to Library inventory, the last day to borrow print materials from the library will be Wednesday, June 4. Students must return all materials by June 11, or a charge for items owing may appear on report cards. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- There is a mandatory meeting for all track and field athletes at morning break in the PE area. ALL ATHLETES MUST ATTEND. Bring your consent form and fee if you’ve not done so already.
- Men’s and Women’s Softball team photo will be taken at 12:15pm. Athletes should meet in their uniforms in the PE area.
- Men’s Softball team will depart for Colonel Gray at 4:15 pm. Game time is 6 pm.
- Rugby Team bus departs for TOSH at 2:45 pm. Players will be called out of class at 2:35.
- Today is the last day to sign up for/purchase awards banquet tickets. Tickets are $5 for non-athletes and $10 for parents and are on sale at the ticket booth at noon. The banquet is on Wednesday at 6 pm and is semi-formal.
- Track and field students will practice on Monday after school.
- The MRHS Athletics Department is pleased to announce the nominees for Athlete of the Year.
- Female: Alyssa Ferguson, Alanna VanWiechen, Megan Walsh
- Male: Tristan Dawson, Cody Forrester, Tynan Murphy
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- Prom Committee will meet Tuesday after school in the Learning Centre and Wednesday at Lunch in the Library Conference Room.
- Celebration of the One Room School: Did you attend one? Come to an open house on Thursday, May 29, from 9:00 to 11:30am in the MRHS Cafeteria. You’ll enjoy guest speakers, displays, music and refreshments. The general public is welcome. Share your experiences with us.
- STRIVE students are reminded that your journals are due Monday, June 2.
- Another Change in Date: Annual MRHS Awards Banquet is being held on Wednesday, May 28, at 6 pm. Tickets will be on sale all week in the ticket booth during mornings and at lunch time. Athletes have already paid. $5.00 for students and $10 for parents. All are welcome!
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Summer School will be offered at Colonel Gray High School this summer. Registration deadline for Coop courses is June 6 and June 19 for all other courses; however, students are advised to register ASAP. Students can get all the information you need (courses offered, schedule, etc.) and then register online by clicking on the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ELSB_Summer_Learning_2014
- There are a number of scholarship deadlines coming up: Learning Matters Education Charity (May 30), Monsanto Canada Opportunity Scholarship (May 30), PEI Roadrunners Bursary (May 31), PEI Women’s Institute Education Scholarship (May 31), SSTA Society Saint-Thomas-D’Aquin Scholarships and Bursary Competitions (May 31). Students are reminded that the Grade 12 Grad Prize applications are due June 6, except for the Belfast Minor Hockey Award which is due on May 22.
- Any Grade 12 students who are enrolled in the Community Service Bursary Program are reminded that you have until the end of June to accumulate hours. You must follow up with the organization contact to ensure that your hours have been submitted. Students must submit their Student Information sheet by September 30 found on website- http://www.student loan.pe.ca. If for some reason you want to put your bursary on hold for one year you must ensure your hours are submitted by Sept 30 and notify the community service office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Public Service Annnouncements:
- Miss Montague Pageant: The Town of Montague is holding a pageant this year as part of Montague Days scheduled for July 11, 12, and 13, 2014. Application forms are available at the MRHS main office.
- Queen of the Furrows Pageant: Any girls interested in entering the Queen of the Furrows pageant this summer are asked to please see Kelsey Johnston, or contact Amie Swallow MacDonald (902-969-2982). There are ten eligible spots. It is a first come, first served, basis, and the deadline to register is August 14.