It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Brothers for Bobby Nicholson, Donna White for Kelly Pike, Trevor MacDonald for Anne MacKinnon, Mindy Johnston for Mary Ellen Lowther, and Graham MacDonald for Matthew Killeen.
Happy Birthday to Chelsey Keefe and Carter Wood.
- Congratulations to Alyssa Ferguson who has been selected by the grads as the 2014 Class Valedictorian.
- The Culinary class is serving a Louisiana Meal today. Cost is $6. Check it out; there may be some left!
- Josten’s shipped 15 extra yearbooks. They are for sale for $50 as long as supplies last! See Olivia Jamieson, Alexander King or Sabryna Schurman to buy one.
- Found: two jump drives. If you are missing one, check at the office.
- List of Library overdue items are posted in classrooms. Items should be returned or renewed at break or lunch. Due to Library inventory, the last day to borrow print materials from the library will be Wednesday, June 4. Students must return all materials by June 11, or a charge for items owing may appear on report cards. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- The MRHS Male Athletes of the Week are the members of the Men’s Rugby team, Their commitment to winning and the effort they have put in led to a big win over Charlottetown Rural who are always a favourite. The guys have come together as a team on and off the field and this will pay dividends when it comes to competing for the title.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Megan Walsh. Megan has been a dedicated and passionate member of the Triathlon team for the past two years and demonstrated great perseverance when she crossed the finish line injured on Monday. Megan is also a valuable member of the Women’s Rugby team.
- Today’s Home Games: Men’s and Women’s Softball teams play Bluefield at 5 pm.
- The Rugby teams will depart for Bluefield at 3:15 pm. The bus will depart from the Cavendish Wellness Centre parking lot.
- Track and field athletes must hand in their forms and fees in the PE area at noon today.
- Track and field students will practice on Monday after school.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- Celebration of the One Room School: Did you attend one? Come to an open house on Thursday, May 29, from 9:00 to 11:30am in the MRHS Cafeteria. You’ll enjoy guest speakers, displays, music and refreshments. The general public is welcome. Share your experiences with us.
- STRIVE students are reminded that your journals are due Monday, June 2.
- Another Change in Date: Annual MRHS Awards Banquet is being held on Wednesday, May 28, at 6 pm. Tickets will be on sale all week in the ticket booth during mornings and at lunch time. Athletes have already paid. $5.00 for students and $10 for parents. All are welcome!
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Summer School will be offered at Colonel Gray High School this summer. Registration deadline for Coop courses is June 6 and June 19 for all other courses; however, students are advised to register ASAP. Students can get all the information you need (courses offered, schedule, etc.) and then register online by clicking on the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ELSB_Summer_Learning_2014
- There are a number of scholarship deadlines coming up: Learning Matters Education Charity (May 30), Monsanto Canada Opportunity Scholarship (May 30), PEI Roadrunners Bursary (May 31), PEI Women’s Institute Education Scholarship (May 31), SSTA Society Saint-Thomas-D’Aquin Scholarships and Bursary Competitions (May 31). Students are reminded that the Grade 12 Grad Prize applications are due June 6, except for the Belfast Minor Hockey Award which is due on May 22.
- Any Grade 12 students who are enrolled in the Community Service Bursary Program are reminded that you have until the end of June to accumulate hours. You must follow up with the organization contact to ensure that your hours have been submitted. Students must submit their Student Information sheet by September 30 found on website- http://www.student loan.pe.ca. If for some reason you want to put your bursary on hold for one year you must ensure your hours are submitted by Sept 30 and notify the community service office (email@example.com)
Public Service Annnouncements:
- Miss Montague Pageant: The Town of Montague is holding a pageant this year as part of Montague Days scheduled for July 11, 12, and 13, 2014. Application forms are available at the MRHS main office.
- Provincial Parks such as Panmure are currently seeking to fill lifeguard positions for the summer that pay between $12.50 and $14.00 an hour. Contact James Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 368-6209 if you are interested. They will also provide training for those who do not have the qualifications.