It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Brothers for Bobby Nicholson, Dean Lackie for Charlie Trainor, Michael Hambly for Christie Beck, Graham MacDonald, Ellen McQuillan for Jennifer Victor (am), Trevor MacDonald for Holly McKenna, and Donna White for Kelly Pike.
Happy Birthday to: Mark Vandenberghe.
- Yearbooks will be passed out today (in the Cafeteria) during lunch break.
- Found: a white jump drive and an orange jump drive. If you are missing one, check at the office.
- Homeroom teachers will find overdue slips in your mailboxes. Please share with students and post in your classrooms. Items should be returned or renewed at break or lunch. This will be the second last slip shared this year. Thanks for your patience as the year draws to an end. Due to library inventory, the last day to borrow print materials from the library will be Wed., June 4. Students must return all materials by June 11, or a charge for items owing may appear on report cards. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- The MRHS Male Athletes of the Week are the members of the Men’s Rugby team, Their commitment to winning and the effort they have put in led to a big win over Charlottetown Rural who are always a favourite. The guys have come together as a team on and off the field and this will pay dividends when it comes to competing for the title.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Megan Walsh. Megan has been a dedicated and passionate member of the Triathlon team for the past two years and demonstrated great perseverance when she crossed the finish line injured on Monday. Megan is also a valuable member of the Women’s Rugby team.
- The Women’s Rugby team defeated Westisle 12-8 last night. Scorers were Kim Stevenson, Alyssa Ferguson and Michaela MacSwain. The Men’s Rugby team lost to Westisle 22-5. Mitchell Lanigan scored for MRHS.
- Men’s Rugby team will meet in the Carpentry shop at 11:45am today. Everyone is asked to be there – on time!
- Mandatory Track and Field meeting in the PE area at morning break. All athletes must come and pick up their consent forms in order to be able to go to the meet on Tuesday.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- This Friday’s Culinary Louisiana Meal: Main is a real Louisiana jambalaya, fluffy rice piled high with steamed vegetables, chicken and sausage simmered in a delectable Creole sauce, served with a side of fluffy sky high buttermilk biscuits. These delectable biscuits will melt in your mouth and will leave you wanting more. Wash down your meal with a fruity and extremely colourful Shirley Temple made with fizzy lemon drink, sweet grenadine, and a flavourful orange/pineapple juice, topped with a ravishing red cherry. Dessert is a miniature creamy key lime pie with a dollop of fresh whipped cream which will take you to the tropics. Cost is $6.
- Change in Date: Annual MRHS Awards Banquet is being held on Monday, June 2, at 6 pm. Tickets will be on sale all week in the ticket booth during mornings and at lunch time. Athletes have already paid. $5.00 for students and $10 for parents. All are welcome!
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Summer School will be offered at Colonel Gray High School this summer. Registration deadline for Coop courses is June 6 and June 19 for all other courses; however, students are advised to register ASAP. Students can get all the information you need (courses offered, schedule, etc.) and then register online by clicking on the link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ELSB_Summer_Learning_2014
- There are a number of scholarship deadlines coming up: 2014 Duck Brand Duct Tape Stuck at Prom – Scholarship Contest (May 23), Learning Matters Education Charity (May 30), Monsanto Canada Opportunity Scholarship (May 30), PEI Roadrunners Bursary (May 31), PEI Women’s Institute Education Scholarship (May 31), SSTA Society Saint-Thomas-D’Aquin Scholarships and Bursary Competitions (May 31). Students are reminded that the Grade 12 Grad Prize applications are due June 6, except for the Belfast Minor Hockey Award which is due on May 22.
- Applications are now available for Encounters with Canada (next school year). This is an amazing opportunity for our current Grade 10 and 11 students. We have 12 spots available for next school year’s program. EWC is Canada’s largest youth forum! Student selected for the program spend an amazing week in Ottawa with 150 teens from across Canada (ages 14-17) where they discover their country through each other, learn about Canadian institutions, meet famous and accomplished Canadians, explore exciting career options, develop their civic leadership skills and live an extraordinary experience. If you would like to find out more about the program or pick up an application stop by Student Services. Application deadline is Friday, May 23.
- Any Grade 12 students who are enrolled in the Community Service Bursary Program are reminded that they have until the end of June to accumulate hours. You must follow up with the organization contact to ensure that your hours have been submitted. Students must submit their Student Information sheet by September 30 found on website- http://www.student loan.pe.ca. If for some reason you want to put your bursary on hold for one year you must ensure your hours are submitted by Sept 30 and notify the community service office (email@example.com)
Public Service Annnouncements:
- Miss Montague Pageant: The Town of Montague is holding a pageant this year as part of Montague Days scheduled for July 11, 12, and 13, 2014. Application forms are available at the main office.
- Provincial Parks such as Panmure are currently seeking to fill lifeguard positions for the summer that pay between $12.50 and $14.00 an hour. Contact James Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 368-6209 if you are interested. They will also provide training for those who do not have the qualifications.