It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Class Composition, Donna White for Kelly Pike, Dean Lackie for Seana Evans-Renaud, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene(am)/Gail Johnston(pm) and Denise Carroll for Dawn Martell.
Happy Birthday to: Tyler McGillivray, Shanley Saunders, and Richard Woods. We extend belated greetings to Chloe Jardine who celebrated her birthday this past Sunday.
- Important Prom SADD meeting today at 12 pm in Mr. Jamieson’s room.
- All Grade 12 students who are involved in the Community Bursary Program need to visit Student Services to verify your hours with the various organizations you have been volunteering with.
- Effective today, Trevor Campbell (Bus 484) will be driving Bus 468. Same route/driver, different bus.
- Men’s spring basketball training will continue today and Wednesday, 5-7pm this week. From these training sessions a group will be chosen to scrimmage against the Provincial U-15 team this Saturday at 12pm.
- Women’s softball team bus departs for Charlottetown Rural at 3:45 pm.
- Men’s softball team bus departs for Morell at 4:30 pm.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- Congratulations to all atheletes(Megan Walsh, Patrick Walsh, Sarah Brothers, William Hendbest, Amanda Gormley, and Emily Brothers) that participated in the Triathlon this past weekend in Summerside. Great job!!
- There will be a dessert party tomorrow in the Cafeteria from 6 – 8 pm. Tickets are $5/person and all proceeds will go to the students traveling to CSLC and NASC. Come out and enjoy some great treats.
This Week’s Culinary Meal: (Book your meal at the ticket booth!)
- Friday, May 23, Louisiana Meal: Main is a real Louisiana jambalaya, fluffy rice piled high with steamed vegetables, chicken and sausage simmered in a delectable Creole sauce, served with a side of fluffy sky high buttermilk biscuits. These delectable biscuits will melt in your mouth and will leave you wanting more. Wash down your meal with a fruity and extremely colourful Shirley Temple made with fizzy lemon drink, sweet grenadine, and a flavourful orange/pineapple juice, topped with a ravishing red cherry. Dessert is a miniature creamy key lime pie with a dollop of fresh whipped cream which will take you to the tropics. Cost is $6.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- There are a number of scholarship deadlines coming up: 2014 Duck Brand Duct Tape Stuck at Prom – Scholarship Contest (May 23), Learning Matters Education Charity (May 30), Monsanto Canada Opportunity Scholarship (May 30), PEI Roadrunners Bursary (May 31), PEI Women’s Institute Education Scholarship (May 31), SSTA Societe Saint-Thomas-D’Aquin Scholarships and Bursary Competitions (May 31). Students are reminded that the Grade 12 Grad Prize applications are due June 6, except for the BelfastMinor Hockey Award which is due on May 22.
- Barry Gosby from PEI Government will be here at 1:00 pm on May 21 to present about Student Loan applications and how to apply. Interested students and parents should plan to attend this presentation taking place in the Library Conference Room.
- Applications are now available for Encounters With Canada (next school year)
This is an amazing opportunity for our current grade 10 and 11 students. We have 12 spots available for next school year’s program. EWC is Canada’s largest youth forum! Student selected for the program spend an amazing week in Ottawa with 150 teens from across Canada (ages 14-17) where they discover their country through each other, learn about Canadian institutions, meet famous and accomplished Canadians, explore exciting career options, develop their civic leadership skills and live an extraordinary experience. If you would like to find out more about the program or pick up an application stop by Student Services. Application Deadline is Friday May 23
Public Service Annnouncements:
- Miss Montague Pageant: The Town of Montague is holding a pageant this year as part of Montague Days scheduled for July 11, 12, and 13, 2014. Application forms are available at the main office.