It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Matt Killeen, Jessica Campbell for Angela Killeen, Brian Somers for Carl Evans, Glenda Kohli for Ralph Jamieson, Pamela Hinks for Yvonne Higgins, and Dean Lackie for Anne MacKinnon.
Lost and Found Items: All items not claimed today in the Lost and Found area in the main lobby will be donated to charity.
- Grade Twelve Students: The deadline for Viking Pin applications has now passed. Submissions are no longer accepted.
- There is a Grad Committee meeting today at 12:00!
- Culinary class is serving a Pizza Party Meal today for $6. Check it out; there may be some left!
- Found: A ladies gold ring was found in the locker room last evening. Please check at the office to claim your ring.
- Female Athlete of the Week: Maddie Delodder pitched a perfect game for MRHS on Friday evening. She had a no-hitter and a number of strikeouts on our 4-0 win against Charlottetown Rural.
- Triathlon meeting today at lunch break in the Learning Centre.
- Today’s home games: Women’s and Men’s Softball play Colonel Gray at 5 pm; Women’s Rugby take on Colonel Gray at 5 pm; and Men’s Rugby play Colonel Gray at 6 pm.
- Come out and support the Men’s and Women’s Softball and Rugby teams as they take on Colonel Gray this evening. Games start at 5 pm.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- Effective May 20, Trevor Campbell (Bus 484) will be driving Bus 468. Same route/driver, different bus.
- There will be a dessert party on Wednesday, May 21, in the Cafeteria from 6 – 8 pm. Tickets are $5/person and all proceeds will go to the students traveling to CSLC and NASC. Come out and enjoy some great treats.
Upcoming Culinary Meals: (Book your meal at the ticket booth!)
- Friday, May 23, Louisiana Meal: Main is a real Louisiana jambalaya, fluffy rice piled high with steamed vegetables, chicken and sausage simmered in a delectable Creole sauce, served with a side of fluffy sky high buttermilk biscuits. These delectable biscuits will melt in your mouth and will leave you wanting more. Wash down your meal with a fruity and extremely colourful Shirley Temple made with fizzy lemon drink, sweet grenadine, and a flavourful orange/pineapple juice, topped with a ravishing red cherry. Dessert is a miniature creamy key lime pie with a dollop of fresh whipped cream which will take you to the tropics. Cost is $6.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- There are a number of scholarship deadlines coming up: Education Award – Young Brain Tumour Survivors (May 16), Sport PEI Scholarship (May 19), 2014 Duck Brand Duct Tape Stuck at Prom – Scholarship Contest (May 23), Learning Matters Education Charity (May 30), Monsanto Canada Opportunity Scholarship (May 30), PEI Roadrunners Bursary (May 31), PEI Women’s Institute Education Scholarship (May 31), SSTA Societe Saint-Thomas-D’Aquin Scholarships and Bursary Competitions (May 31).
- Barry Gosby from PEI Government will be here at 1:00 pm on May 21 to present about Student Loan applications and how to apply. Interested students and parents should plan to attend this presentation taking place in the Library Conference Room.
Public Service Annnouncements:
- There will be a U-17 Eastern Eagles Soccer practice Saturday from 4:00 to 5:30pm at the Montague Soccer Complex.
- Annual Garden of the Gulf Museum Essay Contest: Theme this year is “Confederation – Then and Now”. In your opinion, what are some significant changes our community has seen? Deadline is June 20, 2014 with categories in two divisions: ages 13-15 and ages 16-18. Submissions should have a cover page with Title, Name, Age and Contact Information. Drop off entries in person at the Museum or by email to email@example.com. Monetary prizes will be awarded.
- Miss Montague Pageant: The Town of Montague is holding a pageant this year as part of Montague Days scheduled for July 11, 12, and 13, 2014. Application forms are available at the main office.