It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Angela Killeen, Michael Hambly for Matthew Killeen, Chad White for Earl Campbell, Michael Brothers for Kristina McLane (pm), Sara Prosser for Rod MacDonald (pm).
Happy Birthday to Jacob Bedell and Kathryn MacLeod.
Congratulations to the following students who qualified to the provincial badminton championships this week: Colton Morris, Kirsten Whiteway, Jake Banks, Tessa Steele, Maddy Delodder, and Amanda Gormley.
- Relay for Life team will be having a Bake Sale today. Bring some extra change to support a good cause.
- Male Athlete of the Week: Jason Reeves who won Gold at PEISAA Provincial Wrestling Championships.
- Female Athlete of the Week: Kaytlin Chandler who won Silver at the PEISAA Provincial Wrestling Championships.
- Badminton: Today for Grades 10, 11 and 12 from 5-6pm and again on Sunday from 7-9pm.
- Women’s Softball: Tuesday and Thursday of next week after school until 5:00 pm. If you have any questions, contact Ms. Trainor or Ms. Victor.
- Training sessions for the next year’s Men’s Basketball team will be held on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 5 to 7pm. Any Grades 10 and 11 students are welcome to attend.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club offers the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. If you are interested in training for sport or just to get in shape, come on out. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- Scholastic Book orders for April and May are currently available in the Library. Stop by today! Orders will be placed periodically over the next few weeks!
- MRHS’s Youth Blood for Life Club will be hosting a “What’s Your Type” blood-typing clinic next Tuesday, April 22, in the main lobby at lunch. This is a chance to find out what your blood type is. If you are under 17, you need a permission form that can be picked up from Mr. Trainor in Room 131. This clinic is to prepare us for the Blood Donor Clinic that will be held at MRHS on Thursday, May 1. This clinic is for people 17 and over and is open to the public for appointments. Please book online at www.blood.ca or phone 1-888-2 Donate.
- Parent Teacher Interviews are scheduled for Thursday, April 24, from 6:00 to 8:30pm.
- Relay for Life team will be having a Pancake Breakfast on Friday, April 25. $3 for two pancakes & syrup. Pay an extra $1 for access to the topping bar or $1 for every extra pancake. Come to the Cafeteria from 7:50 to 8:35am for your pancakes!
- Tacos in a Bag will be available again on Wednesday, April 30; $5 includes a bag of Doritos, all the fixings, and a juice. They will be sold from the culinary room and all proceeds will go to the CSLC and NASC students. Come early so you don’t miss out!
- For the month of April, MRHS will be hosting the second clothing drive of the year. This time, we are reaching out to the community and really pushing for a great turn out! If you have unwanted clothing at home, or know someone who does, pick up a donation bag at the Student Council Office and bring it in! All proceeds will go the Canadian Diabetes Association. You’ve got the rest of the month! Spread the word!
- Spring Fling: Spring is in the air and MRHS is ready to celebrate! Next week is Spring Fling Week and activities are outlined as followed: Tuesday is Twin Day; Wednesday is Work-Out Wednesday (80’s workout clothes); Thursday is Viking Swag Day and Pie Smash in the Cafeteria (Come ready to bid on teachers and throw some pies in their faces.), and Friday is PJ Day and the Spring Fling Dance.
- Spring Fling Dance on Friday, April 25, from 7 – 10 pm. Cost is $8/person. Tickets will be on sale in the ticket booth until Tuesday, April 22, so please don’t miss out – buy your tickets early. In order to purchase a ticket, you must have a Dance Contract signed by your parents. The contract can be picked up in the main office. If you are bringing a “Sign-in”, the Sign-in Contracts must be returned to Ms. Evans-Renaud for approval no later than April 17.
- Yard Sale There will be a giant yard sale at Montague High on Saturday, May 10, 2014. Admission is $2/person and tables are $10/table. You can contact Teresa MacKinnon at 962-4355 if interested in a table.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- UPEI First Advisement Centre will be here on April 24 from 5:30 to 8:30pm.Even students in specialized programs should meet with them. Students can sign up for an appointment time in Student Services.
- Interested in going to vet school? The Atlantic Veterinary College, UPEI, is offering an exciting, academically based program to help students understand what is involved in veterinary medicine education. The AVC Summer Academy provides participants with a “big picture” of veterinary school through classroom lectures, field trips, and hands-on sessions. Participants explore the curriculum covered in each year of the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program. Eligibility is based on those who are currently enrolled in, or who have been accepted into, university. Participants must have a minimum B+ (77%) average or GPA 3.3, and be 18 years of age or older. For more information, please visit upei.ca/avc/summerprograms. The deadline for applications is May 9, 2014.