It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Class Composition, Michael Brothers for Natasha Dowd, Joseph Weale for Kim Mason (pm), Kirk White for Lianne Garland (am), and Brian Crane for Pauline Kelly (pm).
Happy Birthday to Kyla McGuigan.
- SADD: There will be an important meeting today at 12 noon in Mr. Jamieson’s room.
- Relay For Life: Meeting today in the Clothing Lab for all Relay For Life members.
- Staff: Those interested in the hockey pool, please see Gar or Mrs. Killeen! Playoffs start Wednesday!
- Male Athlete of the Week: Jason Reeves who won Gold at the PEISAA Provincial Wrestling Championships.
- Female Athlete of the Week: Kaytlin Chandler who won Silver at the PEISAA Provincial Wrestling Championships.
- Congratulations to the following students who qualified to the provincial badminton championships this week: Allie Boyle, Kathryn MacLeod, Laura Gallo, Cody Forrester, Jonah Wilton, and Mark Morrison.
- There will be basketball on Wednesday of this week, from 5-7pm, for any male students interested in trying out for the Men’s Basketball team next year. Please follow the daily announcements for additional training times in the coming weeks.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club begins today and will offer the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. If you are interested in training for sport or just to get in shape, come on out. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs new practice times: Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- Scholastic Book orders for April and May are currently available in the Library. Stop by today! Orders will be placed periodically over the next few weeks!
Leadership Students’ Easter Seals Fundraisers:
- Students will finish collecting change today. Your donations will be greatly appreciated.
- Mr. Ronnie Munn has agreed to shave his head if $520 is raised today in the loonie slide collection box with his picture on it; that’s only $1 per student! Proceeds to Easter Seals.
- Adirondack Chair Auction: Today at 12 noon in the Cafeteria, there will be an auction on a chair donated by Colby.
- On Wednesday, April 16, there will be a stand-up assembly at 10:50am to welcome Brett Robinson, 2014 Easter Seals Ambassador. Our donations will be presented; let’s show him our generosity at MRHS!
- Prom Meeting this Wednesday at 12 in the Library conference room.
- Relay For Life team will be having a Bake Sale on Thursday. Bring some extra change to support a good cause.
- Tacos in a Bag – Tacos in a bag will be sold on Wednesday, April 16, and Wednesday, April 30, for $5 which includes a bag of Doritos, all the fixings, and a juice. They will be sold from the culinary room and all proceeds will go to the CSLC and NASC students. Come early so you don’t miss out!
- Parent Teacher Interviews are scheduled for Thursday, April 24, from 6:00 to 8:30pm.
- Relay For Life team will be having a Pancake Breakfast on Friday, April 25. $3 for two pancakes & syrup. Pay an extra $1 for access to the topping bar! $1 for every extra pancake. Come to the Cafeteria from 7:50 to 8:35am for your pancakes!
- For the month of April, MRHS will be hosting the second clothing drive of the year. This time, we are reaching out to the community and really pushing for a great turn out! If you have unwanted clothing at home, or know someone who does, pick up a donation bag at the Student Council Office and bring it in! All proceeds will go the Canadian Diabetes Association. You’ve got the rest of the month! Spread the word!
- Spring Fling: Spring is in the air and MRHS is ready to celebrate! Next week is Spring Fling Week and activities are outlined as followed: Tuesday is Twin Day; Wednesday is Work-Out Wednesday (80’s workout clothes); Thursday is Viking Swag Day and Pie Smash in the Cafeteria (Come ready to bid on teachers and throw some pies in their faces.), and Friday is PJ Day and the Spring Fling Dance.
- Spring Fling Dance on Friday, April 25, from 7 – 10 pm. Cost is $8/person. Tickets will be on sale in the ticket booth from Tuesday, April 16 – Tuesday, April 22, so please don’t miss out – buy your tickets early. In order to purchase a ticket, you must have a Dance Contract signed by your parents. The contract can be picked up in the main office. If you are bringing a “Sign-in”, the Sign-in Contracts must be returned to Ms. Evans-Renaud for approval no later than April 17.
- Yard Sale There will be a giant yard sale at Montague High on Saturday, May 10, 2014. Admission is $2/person and tables are $10/table. You can contact Teresa MacKinnon at 962-4355 if interested in a table.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Any Grade 12 student applying for St. Dunstan’s University scholarships or bursaries should request a transcript soon.
- UPEI First Advisement Centre will be here on April 24 from 5:30 to 8:30pm.Even students in specialized programs should meet with them. Students can sign up for an appointment time in Student Services.