It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Class Composition, Donna White for Seana Evans-Renaud, Darrell Bradley for Jonathan Hayes, Tanya McCarron for Lynn Hayes, Marcy Fillmore for Yvonne Higgins, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston, Brian Crane for Pauline Kelly, Dean Lackie for Matthew Killeen, and Krista Boudreault for Alana Trainor.
Happy Birthday to Logan Robertson. We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Bailie Campbell, Leah Jordan, Christina Rose, Willis VanWiechen, and Shianne Noseworthy.
- Home room teachers: Green overdue library slips are in your mailboxes. Please post and share with students. Students may return or renew materials at breaks or lunch.
- There will be a VERY important Disney Choir meeting at 12:05 today in Learning Centre B.
- The following students are asked to see Mrs. Killeen today: Megan Walsh and Mitchell Johnston.
- Congratulations to Alec Bryenton who was the winner of last week’s Cineplex Theatre Cafeteria promotion. Alex won a movie night for two, valued at $50.
- Parent Council Meeting at 6:30pm this evening.
- A Block Study students, please see Mrs. Killeen ASAP to review important graduation information.
- Staff: Those interested in the hockey pool, please see Gar or Mrs. Killeen! Playoffs start Wednesday!
- Male Athlete of the Week: Jason Reeves who won Gold at the PEISAA Provincial Wrestling Championships.
- Female Athlete of the Week: Kaytlin Chandler who won Silver at the PEISAA Provincial Wrestling Championships.
- Congrats to Vikings wrestlers Kaytlin Chandler and Jason Reeves on their great performance at this weekend’s PEISAA Wrestling Provincials in Montague. Jason won gold and Kaytlin won silver. Congrats on a great season!
- Grade 10, 11 & 12 Badminton today, Monday, from 5-7pm.
- Spring League Volleyball, today Monday, 3:15-5pm.
- All badminton players must hand their forms and fees in to Ms. Dowd today.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club begins on Tuesday, April 15, and will offer the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. If you are interested in training for sport or just to get in shape, come on out. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Badminton players who are interested in participating in the 2014 Atlantic Junior Badminton Championships in Summerside on May 2-4 should see Ms. Dowd for registration information.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- New Schedule: Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday from 4:00 to 5:30 and Thursday from 3:00 to 4:30pm at Montague Consolidated.
- Readers’ Circle will meet today in Seminar Room A of the Library.
- Scholastic Book orders for April and May are currently available in the Library. Stop by today! Orders will be placed periodically over the next few weeks!
Leadership Students’ Easter Seals Fundraisers:
- Students will be collecting spare change at lunch until April 15 for Easter Seals. Collection cans will also be in the Cafeteria and office. Your donations will be greatly appreciated.
- Mr. Ronnie Munn has agreed to shave his head on Tuesday, April 15, if $520 is raised in the loonie slide collection box with his picture on it; that’s only $1 per student! Proceeds to Easter Seals.
- Adirondack Chair Auction: On Tuesday, April 15, 12 noon in the Cafeteria, there will be an auction on a chair donated by Colby.
- On Wednesday, April 16, there will be a stand-up assembly at 10:50am to welcome Brett Robinson, 2014 Easter Seals Ambassador. Our donations will be presented; let’s show him our generosity at MRHS!
- SADD: There will be an important meeting tomorrow at 12 noon in Mr. Jamieson’s room.
- Prom Meeting this Wednesday at 12 in the Library conference room.
- Tacos in a Bag – Tacos in a bag will be sold on Wednesday, April 16, and Wednesday, April 30, for $5 which includes a bag of Doritos, all the fixings, and a juice. They will be sold from the culinary room and all proceeds will go to the CSLC and NASC students. Come early so you don’t miss out!
- Parent Teacher Interviews are scheduled for Thursday, April 24, from 6:00 to 8:30pm.
- The CSLC participants are holding a Spring Fling Dance on Friday, April 25, from 7 – 10 pm. Cost is $8/person. Tickets will be on sale in the ticket booth from Tuesday, April 16 – Tuesday, April 22, so please don’t miss out – buy your tickets early. In order to purchase a ticket, you must have a Dance Contract signed by your parents. The contract can be picked up in the main office. If you are bringing a “Sign-in”, the Sign-in Contracts must be returned to Ms. Evans-Renaud for approval no later than April 17.
- Yard Sale There will be a giant yard sale at Montague High on Saturday, May 10, 2014. Admission is $2/person and tables are $10/table. You can contact Teresa MacKinnon at 962-4355 if interested in a table.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Colton Matheson.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Any Grade 12 student applying for St. Dunstan’s University scholarships or bursaries should request a transcript soon.
- UPEI First Advisement Centre will be here on April 24 from 5:30 to 8:30pm.Even students in specialized programs should meet with them. Students can sign up for an appointment time in Student Services.
- The PEI Fishermen’s Association Scholarship has extended their deadline to April 15, 2014.