Its’ a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Brothers for Caleigh Oehlke, Michael Hambly for Karen Malone, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Joseph Weale for Ralph Jamieson, Darrell Bradley for Tim Lea, Marcy Fillmore for Tracy Llewellyn, and Bridget DeCourcey for Earl Campbell.
Happy Birthday to Cameron Gillis!
Congratulations to Mark Morrison who recently competed at the SBX Nationals at Big White, BC. Mark finished 22nd in the Jr. Natl. (15-19) event on Saturday, April 5, 2014, and 43rd in the Sr. Natl. (15+) event on Sunday, April 6, 2014. To put things in context, most of the athletes who finished in the top 16 of the Sr Natl. event have competed at the Olympic or World Cup level. Kevin Hill – the athlete with the fastest qualifying time in the Sr event, was less than 9 seconds ahead of Mark’s qualifying time! The full results – including ladders – can be found on the BC Snowboard website: http://bcsnowboard.com/2014-sbx-nationals-info/
- Teachers: Last call for Book Inventory! Please hand in to Mrs. Killeen before the end of the day. Thank you!
- A Block Study students, please see Mrs. Killeen ASAP to review important graduation information.
- Cafeteria Promotion Extension: Anyone who spends $6 or more on one transaction in the Cafeteria can enter in a draw to win a $50 movie night for two at Cineplex Theatres. This promotion ends today.
- Important Women’s Rugby meeting in the PE area at morning break.
- Rugby mouth guards will be on sale in the PE office today from 12:00 to 12:20. Cost is $5. Rugby players who need to order shorts can order them in the PE office from 12:00 to 12:20.
- Badminton players must return their consent forms and fees to Ms. Dowd today. Fee is $15 or $10 if you’ve already played a sport this year. The senior team bus will depart from MRHS for Morell at 8:15 am on Monday. Athletes are responsible for their own return transportation.
- Good luck to Jason Reeves and Kaytlin Chandler, representing MRHS in today’s PEISAA Wrestling Championship. In March, both Kaytlin and Jason had outstanding results at the Atlantic Championships and NB Open in Moncton, NB. Kaytlin won silver at the Atlantics and gold at the NB Open. Jason won gold in both events and was named Outstanding Wrestler. Wrestling begins at 5pm today – hope to see lots of fans!
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club begins on Tuesday, April 15, and will offer the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. If you are interested in training for sport or just to get in shape, come on out. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Badminton players who are interested in participating in the 2014 Atlantic Junior Badminton Championships in Summerside on May 2-4 should see Ms. Dowd for registration information.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Library will be closed today due to DELF exams being written. Study Block students may go to Room 119. During breaks or before/after school, students may use Learning Centre B, Room 95.
- Readers’ Circle will meet Monday, April 14, in Seminar Room A of the Library.
- Scholastic Book orders for April and May are currently available in the Library. Stop by today! Orders will be placed periodically over the next few weeks!
Leadership Students’ Easter Seals Fundraisers:
- Students will be collecting spare change at lunch until April 15 for Easter Seals. Collection cans will also be in the Cafeteria and office. Your donations will be greatly appreciated.
- Each home room that has raised $20 by today can have the opportunity to choose two teachers to be tied together during lunch break on Monday, April 14, 2014.
- Mr. Ronnie Munn has agreed to shave his head on Tuesday, April 15, if $520 is raised in the loonie slide collection box with his picture on it; that’s only $1 per student! Proceeds to Easter Seals.
- Adirondack Chair Auction: On Tuesday, April 15, 12 noon in the Cafeteria, there will be an auction on a chair donated by Colby.
- On Wednesday, April 16, there will be a stand-up assembly at 10:50am to welcome Brett Robinson, 2014 Easter Seals Ambassador. Our donations will be presented; let’s show him our generosity at MRHS!
- Parent Council Meeting at 6:30pm on Monday, April 14, 2014.
- Tacos in a Bag – Tacos in a bag will be sold on Wednesday, April 16, and Wednesday, April 30, for $5 which includes a bag of Doritos, all the fixings, and a juice. They will be sold from the culinary room and all proceeds will go to the CSLC and NASC students. Come early so you don’t miss out!
- Parent Teacher Interviews are scheduled for Thursday, April 24, from 6:00 to 8:30pm.
- The CSLC participants are holding a Spring Fling Dance on Friday, April 25, from 7 – 10 pm. Cost is $8/person. Tickets will be on sale in the ticket booth from Tuesday, April 16 – Tuesday, April 22, so please don’t miss out – buy your tickets early. In order to purchase a ticket, you must have a Dance Contract signed by your parents. The contract can be picked up in the main office. If you are bringing a “Sign-in”, the Sign-in Contracts must be returned to Ms. Evans-Renaud for approval no later than April 17.
- Yard Sale There will be a giant yard sale at Montague High on Saturday, May 10, 2014. Admission is $2/person and tables are $10/table. You can contact Teresa MacKinnon at 962-4355 if interested in a table.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Any Grade 12 student applying for St. Dunstan’s University scholarships or bursaries should request a transcript soon.
- UPEI First Advisement Centre will be here on April 24 from 5:30 to 8:30pm.Even students in specialized programs should meet with them. Students can sign up for an appointment time in Student Services.
- The PEI Fishermen’s Association Scholarship has extended their deadline to April 15, 2014.
Public Service Announcements:
- Sugar and Spice Bridal Boutique is holding an exclusive prom party on Sunday, April 27, from 1 to 5pm. There will be savings up to 50% off, free treats, gift bags, and 10% off new arrivals. 56 St. Peter’s Road.
- Eastern Eagles Soccer Association is looking for coaches for the summer season. Coaches can use the hours towards the Community Service Bursary. Please see Ms. Dowd or contact Lori Lund if interested.
- Cardigan Ball Registration (Softball and Baseball): Saturday, April 26, 2014, from 9 am to 1pm , and Wednesday, April 30, 2014, from 6 to 9pm at the Cardigan Fire Hall. Registration cost this year is $45 Tee ball (players born in 2009/2010), $90 all softball and baseball players born between 1996-2008, $200 for a family. For more information, Go to http://www.baseballpei.ca/cardiganmba/index.php Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org