It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Hambly for Karen Malone (am) and Jonathan Hayes (pm), Donna White for Anne MacKinnon, Darrell Bradley for Holly McKenna, Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy (am), and Sara Prosser for Rod MacDonald.
Happy Birthday to: Anja Whiteway
- Kelsey Johnston, please check in with Mrs. Killeen this morning.
- Meeting at 11:45 in Mrs. Hicken’s room today for all students going to CSLC.
- STRIVE – There is a meeting today in the library conference room. This is a mandatory meeting and lunch will be provided.
- Hypnotist Show: Ian Stewart, master hypnotist, will be performing at Montague High tonight from 7:00 to 9:00pm. Tickets are $7/person in advance and $8/person at the door. Tickets can be purchased by contacting Sandra Hicken at 838-0835 or any student council member.
- A Block Study students, please see Mrs. Killeen ASAP to review important graduation information.
- Viking Pins: Any graduating students wishing to apply for Viking Pins are advised that application booklets are now available in the Library. Applications are due on May 15, but it is good to start accumulating signatures from advisors and coaches ASAP. Pins are awarded in June at the Awards Banquet.
- Cafeteria Promotion Extension: Anyone who spends $6 or more on one transaction in the Cafeteria can enter in a draw to win a $50 movie night for two at Cineplex Theatres. This promotion runs until April 11.
- Badminton players must return their consent forms and fees to Ms. Dowd by Friday. Fee is $15 or $10 if you’ve already played a sport this year. The senior team bus will depart from MRHS for Morell at 8:15 am on Monday. Athletes are responsible for their own return transportation.
- Good luck to MRHS wrestlers competing at PEISAA Provincials this weekend, hosted at Montague High. Come and check out the action! Wrestling starts at 5pm Friday and 9am Saturday.
- Rugby this week: Men & Women practice today.
- The Viking Strength & Conditioning Club begins on Tuesday, April 15, and will offer the following training times: Tuesday 6:15-7:45, Thursday 6:15-7:45 and Sunday 1:00-2:30 pm. If you are interested in training for sport or just to get in shape, come on out. For more information contact Ron Annear at 628-7762.
- Badminton players who are interested in participating in the 2014 Atlantic Junior Badminton Championships in Summerside on May 2-4 should see Ms. Dowd for registration information.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
Leadership Students’ Easter Seals Fundraisers:
- Students will be collecting spare change at lunch until April 15 for Easter Seals. Collection cans will also be in the Cafeteria and office. Your donations will be greatly appreciated.
- Each home room that raises $20 by Friday, April 11, can have the opportunity to choose two teachers to be tied together during lunch break on Monday, April 14, 2014.
- Thursday: Cake Auction at lunch break with Mr. Munn as the Auctioneer. Pool your money with friends and win yourself a cake to enjoy in the afternoon!
- Mr. Ronnie Munn has agreed to shave his head on Tuesday, April 15, if $520 is raised in the loonie slide collection box with his picture on it; that’s only $1 per student! Proceeds to Easter Seals.
- Adirondack Chair Auction: On Tuesday, April 15, 12 noon in the Cafeteria, there will be an auction on a chair donated by Colby.
- On Wednesday, April 16, there will be a stand-up assembly at 10:50am to welcome Brett Robinson, 2014 Easter Seals Ambassador. Our donations will be presented; let’s show him our generosity at MRHS!
MRHS Burger Love: Culinary students are preparing burgers for their own version of the PEI Burger Love Competition. Each group is preparing only ten burger meals and due to the high demand, you must pay to keep your spot. There are only four burgers left and if you haven’t paid for your order, you best make tracks to the ticket booth during lunch break today to pay for/confirm your order. Who will be the winner? Thor’s Mjolnir Burger, Da Bomb Burger, Mount Mozza, or the Mad Melt?
- Library will be open today. Library will be closed on Friday due to DELF exams being written. Study Block students may go to Room 119. During breaks or before/after school, students may use Learning Centre B, Room 95.
- Scholastic Book orders for April and May are currently available in the Library. Stop by today! Orders will be placed periodically over the next few weeks!
- Tacos in a Bag – Tacos in a bag will be sold on Wednesday, April 16, and Wednesday, April 30, for $5 which includes a bag of Doritoes, all the fixings, and a juice. They will be sold from the culinary room and all proceeds will go to the CSLC and NASC students. Come early so you don’t miss out!
- Parent Teacher Interviews are scheduled for Thursday, April 24, from 6:00 to 8:30pm.
- The CSLC participants are holding a Spring Fling Dance on Friday, April 25, from 7 – 10 pm. Cost is $8/person. Tickets will be on sale in the ticket booth from Tuesday, April 16 – Tuesday, April 22, so please don’t miss out – buy your tickets early. In order to purchase a ticket, you must have a Dance Contract signed by your parents. The contract can be picked up in the main office. If you are bringing a “Sign-in”, the Sign-in Contracts must be returned to Ms. Evans-Renaud for approval no later than April 17.
- Yard Sale There will be a giant yard sale at Montague High on Saturday, May 10, 2014. Admission is $2/person and tables are $10/table. You can contact Teresa MacKinnon at 962-4355 if interested in a table.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Any Grade 12 student applying for St. Dunstan’s University scholarships or bursaries should request a transcript soon.
- UPEI First Advisement Centre will be here on April 24 from 5:30 to 8:30pm.Even students in specialized programs should meet with them. Students can sign up for an appointment time in Student Services.
- The PEI Fishermen’s Association Scholarship has extended their deadline to April 15, 2014.
Public Service Announcements:
- Sugar and Spice Bridal Boutique is holding an exclusive prom party on Sunday, April 27, from 1 to 5pm. There will be savings up to 50% off, free treats, gift bags, and 10% off new arrivals. 56 St. Peter’s Road.
- Students interested in participating in the U16 Championships can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration closes on Thursday, April 10.Entry fee is $15 for members. Memberships are $10 extra.
- Eastern Eagles Soccer Association is looking for coaches for the summer season. Coaches can use the hours towards the Community Service Bursary. Please see Ms. Dowd or contact Lori Lund if interested.
- Cardigan Ball Registration (Softball and Baseball): Saturday, April 26, 2014, from 9 am to 1pm , and Wednesday, April 30, 2014, from 6 to 9pm at the Cardigan Fire Hall. Registration cost this year is $45 Tee ball (players born in 2009/2010), $90 all softball and baseball players born between 1996-2008, $200 for a family. For more information, Go to http://www.baseballpei.ca/cardiganmba/index.php Or email: email@example.com