It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Brothers for Caleigh Oehlke, Donna White for Angela Killeen, Mary Fillmore for Gail Greene, Glenda Kohli for Trisha Burrows, and Michael Hambly for Class Composition.
Happy Birthday to Cameron Davies and Parker MacRae. Belated greetings to Monique Visser who celebrated her birthday on Saturday.
New Date for Parent Teacher Interviews: Parents and students are advised that interviews are now scheduled for Thursday, April 24, from 6:00 to 8:30pm. Parents/guardians who cannot make it on Thursday evening can contact teachers by email or by calling 838-0835.
- Peer Helpers: There will be Block Meetings today.
- There will be no foods lab today, so please bring your binders and pencils or pens to class.
- Viking Pins: Any graduating students wishing to apply for Viking Pins are advised that application booklets are now available in the Library. Applications are due on May 15, but it is good to start accumulating signatures from advisors and coaches ASAP. Pins are awarded in June at the Awards Banquet.
- Cafeteria Promotion Extension: Anyone who spends $6 or more on one transaction in the Cafeteria can enter in a draw to win a $50 movie night for two at Cineplex Theatres. This promotion runs until April 11.
MRHS Burger Love: Culinary students are preparing burgers for their own version of the PEI Burger Love Competition. Each group is preparing only ten burger meals, so buy your ticket soon if you want to take part:
- Thor’s Mjolnir Burger: “Shockingly” juicy burger, “clouded” with smoked bacon and “struck” with peanut butter BBQ sauce, homemade aioli, and ketchup. Served with a side of “lightning” roasted vegetables and finished off with a dessert of “thunder” marble cake.
- Da Bomb Burger: Seasoned ground beef with a ciabatta bun, green leaf lettuce, tons of bacon strips and mozzarella cheese, roasted red pepper, japola pepper, grilled Portobello mushrooms and a black garlic ailoli. Served with a side of homemade potato chips with a Cajun spice, and dessert is a supreme brownie with chocolate and caramel sauces with a whip cream finish.
- Mount Mozza: Seasoned meat, bacon, goat cheese, arugula, caramelized onion on a homemade bun slathered with spicy mayo. Garnished with a mozza stick with frites on the side.
- The Mad Melt: Burger with cheese and roasted peppers, served with a broccoli salad on the side with a nanaimo bar for dessert.
- Congratulations to Jason Reeves on finishing 4th in Greco Roman and 5th in Freestyle at the National Wrestling Championships!
- Grade 10, 11 and 12 Badminton Final Tryouts: today, Monday, from 5-7pm.
- Spring League Volleyball, today Monday, 3:15-5pm.
- Rugby this week:
- Monday: Men and Women
- Tuesday: Men
- Wednesday and Thursday: Men and Women
- 4 on 4 Basketball Tourney sign up sheet is posted in the gym area. See Earl if you have any questions.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- The Library will be closed during this week due to DELF exams being written. Study Block students may go to Room 119. During breaks or before/after school, students may use Learning Centre B, Room 95.
- Readers’ Circle will meet Thursday, April 10. Location is yet to be determined…stay tuned!
- Scholastic Book orders for April and May are currently available in the Library. Stop by today! Orders will be placed periodically over the next few weeks!
- Teachers are reminded that book inventory forms are due to Mrs. Killeen on Thursday, April 10.
- SAVE students should plan to attend the meeting next Wednesday, April 9.
- New Date for the Prom Vote! On Tuesday, April 8, students from the Prom Committee will be visiting B Block Grade 12 classes to discuss the options for prom night.
- Option A – Sit Down Formal Dinner $25
- Option B – Dance and Finger Foods $25
- Meeting at 11:45 in Mrs. Hicken’s room on Wednesday, April 9, for all students going to NASC.
- Meeting at 11:45 in Mrs. Hicken’s room on Thursday, April 10, for all students going to CSLC.
- Hypnotist Show: Ian Stewart, master hypnotist, will be performing at Montague High on Thursday, April 10, from 7:00 to 9:00pm. Tickets are $7/person in advance and $8/person at the door. Tickets can be purchased by contacting Sandra Hicken at 838-0835 or any student council member.
- Date Change: There will be a giant yard sale at Montague High on Saturday, May 3, 2014. Admission is $2/person and tables are $10/table. You can contact Teresa MacKinnon at 962-4355 if interested in a table.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- The PEI Fishermen’s Association Scholarship has extended their deadline to April 15, 2014.
Public Service Announcements:
- Eastern Eagles Soccer Association is looking for coaches for the summer season. Coaches can use the hours towards the Community Service Bursary. Please see Ms. Dowd or contact Lori Lund if interested.
- Cardigan Ball Registration (Softball and Baseball): Saturday, April 26, 2014, from 9 am to 1pm , and Wednesday, April 30, 2014, from 6 to 9pm at the Cardigan Fire Hall. Registration cost this year is $45 Tee ball (players born in 2009/2010), $90 all softball and baseball players born between 1996-2008, $200 for a family. For more information, Go to http://www.baseballpei.ca/cardiganmba/index.php Or email: email@example.com