It’s a “D-C” Day!
Happy Birthday to Caleb Richards.
New Date for Parent Teacher Interviews: Parents and students are advised that interviews are now scheduled for Thursday, April 24, from 6:00 to 8:30pm. Parents/guardians who cannot make it on Thursday evening can contact teachers by email or by calling 838-0835.
- Anyone who would like to sign a petition to build a skate park in memory of the three boys, please see Lydia Acorn in the Cafeteria during breaks or at lunch.
- Viking Pins: Any graduating students wishing to apply for Viking Pins are advised that application booklets are now available in the Library. Applications are due on May 15, but it is good to start accumulating signatures from advisors and coaches ASAP. Pins are awarded in June at the Awards Banquet.
- Cafeteria Promotion Extension: Anyone who spends $6 or more on one transaction in the Cafeteria can enter in a draw to win a $50 movie night for two at Empire Theatres. This promotion runs until April 11.
- Students are advised that the canteen at Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre is closed for the season.
- MRHS will not be participating in the High School Hockey Tournament out of respect to the families of the students involved in the recent tragedy.
- Men’s Rugby meeting at 11:45am today in the gym. Be on time; it’s a quick meeting!
- Badminton tryouts will resume Sunday from 5-7pm.
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Intramural Badminton: Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 to 12:20 in the gymnasium.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- The Library will be closed during the week of April 7-11 due to DELF exams being written. Study Block students during A & B Blocks may use Room 87 to work. Study Block students during C & D Blocks may use Room 116 to work. If students require a quiet place to study and/or use of a computer before and after school, during lunch and at both breaks, go to Learning Centre, Room 95. If you need Mrs. Killeen, visit the Book Room on the 2nd floor.
- Peer Helpers: There will be Block Meetings on Monday, April 7.
- Leadership Students’ Easter Seals Fundraisers:
- Students will be collecting spare change at lunch from Monday to Wednesday for Easter Seals. Collection cans will also be in the Cafeteria and office. Your donations will be greatly appreciated.
- Each home room that raises $20 by Friday, April 11, can have the opportunity to choose two teachers to be tied together during lunch break on Monday, April 14, 2014.
- Change weighing you down? Spend some towards a good cause like the Easter Seals Foundation. Test your skills at a toonie toss next Wednesday, April 9, at lunch. Change will be available. Be at the balcony above the gym at 12 noon. Winner gets a $25 gift card at Famous Peppers.
- SAVE students should plan to attend the meeting next Wednesday, April 9.
- New Date for the Prom Vote! On Tuesday, April 8, students from the Prom Committee will be visiting B Block Grade 12 classes to discuss the options for prom night.
- Option A – Sit Down Formal Dinner $25
- Option B – Dance and Finger Foods $25
- Hypnotist Show: Ian Stewart, master hypnotist, will be performing at Montague High on Thursday, April 10, from 7:00 to 9:00pm. Tickets are $7/person in advance and $8/person at the door. Tickets can be purchased by contacting Sandra Hicken at 838-0835 or any student council member.
- Date Change: There will be a giant yard sale at Montague High on Saturday, May 3, 2014. Admission is $2/person and tables are $10/table. You can contact Teresa MacKinnon at 962-4355 if interested in a table.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- The PEI Fishermen’s Association Scholarship has extended their deadline to April 15, 2014.
- There is still time to apply for UPEI’s Avery Scholarship. Stop in to Students Services for topic. Deadline is April 4, 2014.
Public Service Announcements:
- Eastern Eagles soccer registration will be held tonight from 6:00pm to 8:00pm and tomorrow from 10:30am to 1:30pm at the Cavendish Wellness Center.