It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Amy Beck, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie, and Norma Fay for Kelly Matheson.
Happy Birthday to Mia Levesque.
Change in Parent Teacher Interviews: Parents and students are advised that interviews scheduled for Thursday and Friday of this week have been postponed to a later date, yet to be determined. There will be regular classes on Friday.
- All band and choir members are reminded that your next trip payment must be made today to Ms. McInnis and you must give your provincial health card numbers to Mr. White or Ms. Beck today first thing.
- There will not be Here Comes Treble rehearsal tomorrow morning.
- Viking Pins: Any graduating students wishing to apply for Viking Pins are advised that application booklets are now available in the Library. Applications are due on May 15, but it is good to start accumulating signatures from advisors and coaches ASAP. Pins are awarded in June at the Awards Banquet.
- All band and choir students travelling to Halifax must give their provincial health card numbers to Ms. Beck or Mr. White before 9:00 this morning. This is VERY important.
- Students are advised that the canteen at Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre is closed for the season.
- Grade 12 students wishing to order grad clothing should visit Mr. Philip MacDonald’s room today.
- MRHS will not be participating in the High School Hockey Tournament out of respect to the families of the students involved in the recent tragedy.
- Cafeteria Promotion: Anyone who spends $6 or more on one transaction in the Cafeteria can enter in a draw to win a movie night for two at Empire Theatres (value of $50). This promotion runs until April 4.
- Badminton Practice is cancelled tonight. Badminton tryouts will resume Sunday from 5-7pm.
- The Leadership class is hosting MRHS Viking Spring Training. Students and teachers can participate in the exercises which include: 1 mile run, 3 mile run, 5 minute bike, chin ups, plank and vertical jump. The top male and female of each of the 6 events will win a $25 gift certificate to Sport Check. If you participate in 5 out of the 6 events, then you can also be entered in a draw to win a prize of a $25 gift certificate to Sport Check. These activities can be completed anytime when the Fitness Centre is open. The teacher supervisor needs to record your results which must be submitted to Mrs. Dowd or Dustin MacDonald. Feel free to contact any of the leadership students for more information. Come out and challenge yourself and see if you can beat the records!
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Intramural Badminton: Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 to 12:20 in the gymnasium.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- The Library will be closed during the week of April 7-11 due to DELF exams being written. Study Block students during A & B Blocks may use Room 87 to work. Study Block students during C & D Blocks may use Room 116 to work. If students require a quiet place to study and/or use of a computer before and after school, during lunch and at both breaks, go to Learning Centre, Room 95. If you need Mrs. Killeen, visit the Book Room on the 2nd floor.
- Leadership students will be collecting spare change at lunch from Monday to Wednesday for Easter Seals. Collection cans will also be in the Cafeteria and office. Your donations will be greatly appreciated.
- SAVE students should plan to attend the meeting next Wednesday, April 9.
- Prom Vote! On Tuesday, April 8, students from the Prom Committee will be visiting B Block Grade 12 classes to discuss the options for prom night.
o Option A – Sit Down Formal Dinner $25
o Option B – Dance and Finger Foods $25
- Hypnotist Show: Ian Stewart, master hypnotist, will be performing at Montague High on Thursday, April 10, from 7:00 to 9:00pm. Tickets are $7/person in advance and $8/person at the door. Tickets can be purchased by contacting Sandra Hicken at 838-0835 or any student council member.
- Date Change: There will be a giant yard sale at Montague High on Saturday, May 3, 2014. Admission is $2/person and tables are $10/table. You can contact Teresa MacKinnon at 962-4355 if interested in a table.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- UNB presentation on Thursday, April 3, is cancelled and will be rescheduled.
- UPEI 1st Advisement Centre for this evening will be cancelled and rescheduled to a later date.
- The PEI Fishermen’s Association Scholarship has extended their deadline to April 15, 2014.
- There is still time to apply for UPEI’s Avery Scholarship. Stop into Students Services for topic. Deadline is April 4, 2014.