It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White,Mike Hambly for Karen Malone (pm), and Brian Crane for Rod MacDonald.
Happy Birthday to Cailyn Ferguson and Leanna Hambly. Greetings to Miss Butler; your friend in Australia wants everyone to know it’s your birthday! Happy Belated Birthday to the following students who celebrated over the past few days: Lucas Cann, Trevor Morrison, Bailey Clements, Alexandra Gay, Marcus Miller, Landon Thaxter, Michael VanderZaag, Molly Stewart. Dillan Bourgeois, Shania Goulet, Alex Sanderson, Brandon Cann, Cole Jenkins, and Derian Johnson.
- All students writing the DELF exam are asked to please see Ms. Oehlke during lunch today.
- SAVE: There won’t be a SAVE meeting today; however, all SAVE students should plan to attend the meeting next Wednesday, April 9.
- Attention Jazzers! There is Jazz Band today and everyone should be in attendance!
- There will be no Choir this week. All choir members must pick up music from Ms. Beck today in her office.
All band and choir students travelling to Halifax must get their second payments in to Ms. McInnis today. They must also give their provincial health card numbers to Ms. Beck or Mr. White before 9:00 on Thursday morning. This is VERY important.
- Students are advised that the canteen at Cavendish Farms Wellness Centre is closed for the season.
- Grade 12 students wishing to order grad clothing should visit Mr. Philip MacDonald’s room by Thursday of this week.
- MRHS will not be participating in the High School Hockey Tournament out of respect to the families of the students involved in the recent tragedy.
- Cafeteria Promotion: Anyone who spends $6 or more on one transaction in the Cafeteria can enter in a draw to win a movie night for two at Empire Theatres (value of $50). This promotion runs until April 4.
- The Leadership class is hosting MRHS Viking Spring Training. Students and teachers can participate in the exercises which include: 1 mile run, 3 mile run, 5 minute bike, chin ups, plank and vertical jump. The top male and female of each of the 6 events will win a $25 gift certificate to Sport Check. If you participate in 5 out of the 6 events, then you can also be entered in a draw to win a prize of a $25 gift certificate to Sport Check. These activities can be completed anytime when the Fitness Centre is open. The teacher supervisor needs to record your results which must be submitted to Mrs. Dowd or Dustin MacDonald. Feel free to contact any of the leadership students for more information. Come out and challenge yourself and see if you can beat the records!
- Spring Basketball on Mondays from 7-9 pm for all girls interested in playing for MRHS next year.
- Intramural Badminton: Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 to 12:20 in the gymnasium.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- The Library will be closed during the week of April 7-11 due to DELF exams being written. Study Block students during A & B Blocks may use Room 87 to work. Study Block students during C & D Blocks may use Room 116 to work. If students require a quiet place to study and/or use of a computer before and after school, during lunch and at both breaks, go to Learning Centre, Room 95. If you need Mrs. Killeen, visit the Book Room on the 2nd floor.
- Prom Vote! Stay tuned for information when students from the Prom Committee will be visiting B Block Grade 12 classes to discuss the options for prom night. Option A – Sit Down Formal Dinner $25 or Option B – Dance and Finger Foods $25.
- Hypnotist Show: Ian Stewart, master hypnotist, will be performing at Montague High on Thursday, April 10, from 7:00 to 9:00pm. Tickets are $7/person in advance and $8/person at the door. Tickets can be purchased by contacting Sandra Hicken at 838-0835 or any student council member.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- UNB will be visiting the school on Thursday, April 3, to present to any Grade 11 student interested in studying at the University of New Brunswick. It is a great opportunity to start thinking about post-secondary education. Presentation will be in the Conference Room in the Library at 11:50.
- Youth Ambassador Program 2014: This Exchange program is open for Canadian youth who will be 15-18 years old by July 21, 2014. The program sponsors seek energetic, mature applicants who are ready to advance their skills in order to be effective leaders in their schools and communities. Preference will be given to applicants who have not had previous experience studying or traveling in the United States. The group of selected participants must represent the diversity of Canada – geographic, ethnic, socio-economic, new Canadians (first-generation Canadians and Canadians born outside Canada), indigenous, multi-generational Canadians and gender balance. The program will run from July 21 to August 10, 2014 and takes place in various US cities. More information about the program and the application materials can be found here: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/offices/academic/cesca/youthleadership2014.php
- UPEI First Year Advisement Centre will be here at MRHS on April 3, from 5:00 to 8:00pm. Students attending UPEI next year should plan to sign up for a time where they can come with their parents and speak with a representative from the university. Reps will assist students in course selection as well as answer any other questions they may have. Students can sign up in Student Services for an appointment time.