It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mike Hambly for Anne MacKinnon, Donna White for Bethany MacLeod, Dean Lackie for Jonathan Hayes, Brian Somers for Craig Conohan and Darrell Bradley for Lianne Garland.
Happy Belated Birthday to Montana Dunn, Dustin MacDonald and Johann Victor who celebrated their birthdays yesterday!
Happy Pi Day! This is the unofficial holiday that celebrates the mathematical constant pi (π) on March 14 in the month/day date format because the digits in this date correspond with the first three digits of π (3.14). It has become an international observance celebrated by math geeks everywhere!
- We are pleased to announce the new Co-Presidents of Student Council for 2014-2015: Noah Perry and Michelle MacLellan.
- The Spring orders are in and can be picked up in Room #133 from Mrs. Hicken.
- Students who are eating breakfast in the Cafeteria are asked to clean up after yourselves in the morning. Some folks are leaving quite a mess behind, and this isn’t appreciated!
- The Culinary meal that was planned for today has been postponed until after March Break.
- Having a bad day? Need a laugh? Stop by the Library display case to brighten your day!! LOL!!!
- Scholastic Book orders for the month of April have arrived. Please place your orders with Mrs. Killeen.
- Library monitors are busy keeping track of Paralympic medal standings. Poster is in Library window. Canada is currently in 4th place! Go, Canada, Go!
- Teachers, please see Mrs. Killeen if you did not get a copy of your book inventory due next month.
- Staff are asked to please check with Mrs. Killeen to ensure your group/sports team is recognized on the Viking Pin application.
- The MRHS Female Athletes of the Week for the week of February 24-March 3 are our three senior basketball players: Michaela LaPorte, Shanley Saunders, and Alanna VanWiechen. All three played with heart in a tough semi-final overtime loss.
- The MRHS Male Athletes of the Week for the week of February 24-March 3 are Tristan Dawson and Tynan Murphy. Congrats to this week’s co-winners for being named as First and Second team All-Stars respectively, for the PESSAA AA Men’s Basketball season.
- Student teacher basketball game today at noon. All basketball team members and teachers welcome!
- Badminton Practice times: Monday 5-7 pm, Thursday 5-7 pm, and Sunday 5-7 pm with possible additional practice times to be added at a later date. There will be no practices over March break.
- Intramural Badminton: Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 to 12:20 in the gymnasium.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Grade 12 students have one last opportunity to order grad clothing. . . Clothes can be ordered in Room 119 after March Break, from Wednesday, March 26, to Friday, March 28.
- The student-teacher hockey game has been re-scheduled to Wednesday, March 26, at 7:10 pm at the Montague Wellness Centre.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Next Strive meeting is scheduled for April 1 in the Library Conference room. Lunch is provided. The last meeting of the year is scheduled for May 6.
- The topic for the UPEI Avery Scholarship is now available at Student Services.
- Camp Abegweit is looking for teens to volunteer as counselors-in-training this summer! If you will be 15 as of July 1, 2014, you are invited to fill out an application form at http://www.campabegweit.ca. Deadline for applications is May 30, 2014.
- The University of Prince Edward Island is extending an invitation to high school students to attend the 2014 Open Class Days during their March Break on Tuesday and Wednesday (March 18 and 19). This is a great opportunity for students to experience UPEI in the company of friends and classmates and live a day in the life of a university student. The University will provide lunch, offer information sessions, and have campus tours. Instructions for Registration will follow soon.
- UPEI First Year Advisement Centre will be here at MRHS on April 3, from 5:00 to 8:00pm. Students attending UPEI next year should plan to sign up for a time where they can come with their parents and speak with a representative from the university. Reps will assist students in course selection as well as answer any other questions they may have. Students can sign up in Student Services for an appointment time.