It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mike Hambly for Chantelle Beaton, Donna White for Sandra Hicken, Angel Campbell for Earl Campbell, and Marcy Fillmore for Yvonne Higgins.
Happy Birthday to Luke MacPhee and Trevor Wheeler.
Congratulations to Breanna Ching, who is the MRHS school champion of the Poetry in Voice recitation contest. Thank you to everyone who participated in our school contest. Breanna is now preparing for the online semi-finals which take place later this month. Good luck Breanna!
- B Block teachers who teach Grade Ten students are reminded to administer the School Health Behaviours survey today.
- There will not be a regular choir rehearsal after school today. Instead, the Disney Choir will be rehearsing. There will be choir on Wednesday morning at 7:30 for everyone!
- Anyone who has expressed interest in attending the NASC leadership conference in Orlando, Florida, please see Ms. Hicken for your permission letter and itinerary. Forms must be signed and passed in by tomorrow, Wednesday, March 12.
- The MRHS Female Athletes of the Week for the week of February 24-March 3 are our three senior basketball players: Michaela LaPorte, Shanley Saunders, and Alanna VanWiechen. All three played with heart in a tough semi-final overtime loss.
- The MRHS Male Athletes of the Week for the week of February 24-March 3 are Tristan Dawson and Tynan Murphy. Congrats to this week’s co-winners for being named as First and Second team All-Stars respectively, for the PESSAA AA Men’s Basketball season.
- Men’s and Women’s Rugby today after school in the gym. Men’s Rugby is scheduled for tomorrow, same time and place. Running shoes and gym gear are a necessity. If you can’t make practice, please see Mr. Connaughton or Ms. Dowd.
- Power Lifting bus will depart from the school at 6:15 on Wednesday morning.
- All students interested in playing badminton should sign up in the PE area. Practice times will be: Monday 5-7 pm, Thursday 5-7 pm, and Sunday 5-7 pm with possible additional practice times to be added at a later date. There will be no practices over March break.
- Intramural Badminton: Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 to 12:20 in the gymnasium.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Due to the possibility of poor weather heading our way on Wednesday evening, the student-teacher hockey game has been re-scheduled to after March Break — Wednesday, March 26, at 7:10 pm at the Montague Wellness Centre. This will also allow both students and teachers some more practice time!
- Peer Helpers: There will be Peer Helping Block meetings on Wednesday (tomorrow) in the Physics Lab.
- Readers’ Circle meets on Thursday at 12:00 noon in Library Seminar Room A. Please bring your lunch!
- This week’s Culinary meal includes cream of broccoli soup, rolls, mashed potatoes, carrots, peas, honey garlic pork, lemon meringue tarts and creamy pink banana smoothies. Price is $8; book your meal now!
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Would you like to earn valuable volunteer work experience while having fun and enjoying the sun? Camp Abegweit is looking for teens to volunteer as counselors-in-training this summer! If you will be 15 as of July 1, 2014, you are invited to fill out an application form at http://www.campabegweit.ca. Deadline for applications is May 30, 2014.
- The University of Prince Edward Island is extending an invitation to high school students to attend the 2014 Open Class Days during their March Break on Tuesday and Wednesday (March 18 and 19). This is a great opportunity for students to experience UPEI in the company of friends and classmates and live a day in the life of a university student. The University will provide lunch, offer information sessions, and have campus tours. Instructions for Registration will follow soon.
- UPEI First Year Advisement Centre will be here at MRHS on April 3, 2014, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. Students attending UPEI next year should plan to sign up for a time where they can come with their parents and speak with a representative from the university. They will assist students in course selection as well as answer any other questions they may have. Students can sign up in Student Services for an appointment time.
Yearbook: The following people are still missing grad write-ups!
- Jake Doucette
- Jordan Fox
- Ambyr Gillis
- Emily Gilbert
- Chase Gauthier
- Kayla Howe
- Haley Irving
- Evan Jackson
- Jenna Jackson
- Dakota Llewellyn
- Dustin MacDonald
- Andrew MacLeod
- Parker MacRae
- Cliff McQuillan
- Zachary Munroe
- Shianne Noseworthy
- Dakoa Quinn
- Madelaine Sibbick
- Richard Woods