It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mike Hambly for Maureen MacDonald, Donna White for Sharon Anderson, Dean Lackie for Craig Conohan, and Glenda Kohli for Amy Beck.
Happy Birthday to Emily Evans! We extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Jimmy Welsh-Kerr, Makayla Jackson, Travis Johnston, Dakota Quinn and James Sudsbury.
- Parent Council meeting is scheduled for this evening, starting at 6:30.
- Kennedy de Vries, please see Mrs. Killeen.
- The following individuals have overdue magazines: Lisa Morrison, Robert Villard, Logan White, Luke MacPhee, Andrea Smith, Cody Taylor, Ryan MacEachern, Destiny Jeffries. Please return to library at break.
- Anyone who has expressed interest in attending the NASC leadership conference in Orlando, Florida, please see Ms. Hicken for your permission letter and itinerary. Forms must be signed and passed in by Wednesday, March 12.
- Grade Ten students at MRHS will be participating in the Health Behaviour in School-aged Children (HBSC) Study, which is being undertaken by Queen’s University. This survey will be administered tomorrow. Parents who do NOT want their students to participate should return the consent form indicating this.
- Congratulation to Montague Norseman Midget hockey team. They defeated Dieppe 5-3 in the final of the annual St. John Hockey Invitational.
- The MRHS Female Athletes of the Week for the week of February 24-March 3 are our three senior basketball players: Michaela LaPorte, Shanley Saunders, and Alanna VanWiechen. All three played with heart in a tough semi-final overtime loss.
- The MRHS Male Athletes of the Week for the week of February 24-March 3 are Tristan Dawson and Tynan Murphy. Congrats to this week’s co-winners for being named as First and Second team All-Stars respectively, for the PESSAA AA Men’s Basketball season.
- Congrats to the following MRHS Athletes on being selected to the PEISAA Basketball All Star Team:
- Tristan Dawson – AA First Team
- Tynan Murphy – AA Second Team
- Alanna VanWiechen – AA First Team
- Zoie Farish – AA Second Team
- Molly Stewart – AA Second Team
- Shanley Saunders – Provincial Tournament All Star
- All students interested in playing badminton should sign up in the PE area. The first practice will be today. Practice times will be: Monday 5-7 pm, Thursday 5-7 pm, and Sunday 5-7 pm with possible additional practice times to be added at a later date. There will be no practices over March break.
- Intramural Badminton: Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 to 12:20 in the gymnasium.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Student-Teacher Hockey Game on Wednesday at 6:30pm at the Montague Wellness Centre. Do not miss this action filled game!! Tickets will be sold at the door… $5/person.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Would you like to earn valuable volunteer work experience while having fun and enjoying the sun? Camp Abegweit is looking for teens to volunteer as counselors-in-training this summer! If you will be 15 as of July 1, 2014, you are invited to fill out an application form at http://www.campabegweit.ca. Deadline for applications is May 30, 2014.
- The University of Prince Edward Island is extending an invitation to high school students to attend the 2014 Open Class Days during their March Break on Tuesday and Wednesday (March 18 and 19). This is a great opportunity for students to experience UPEI in the company of friends and classmates and live a day in the life of a university student. The University will provide lunch, offer information sessions, and have campus tours. Instructions for Registration will follow soon.
- UPEI First Year Advisement Centre will be here at MRHS on April 3, 2014, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. Students attending UPEI next year should plan to sign up for a time where they can come with their parents and speak with a representative from the university. They will assist students in course selection as well as answer any other questions they may have.
Yearbook: The following people are still missing grad write-ups!
- Emily Benoit
- Chris Butler
- Jake Doucette
- Jordan Fox
- Ambyr Gillis
- Emily Gilbert
- Chase Gauthier
- Kayla Howe
- Haley Irving
- Evan Jackson
- Jenna Jackson
- Dakota Llewellyn
- Dustin MacDonald
- Andrew MacLeod
- Parker MacRae
- Cliff McQuillan
- Zachary Munroe
- Shianne Noseworthy
- Dakoa Quinn
- Madelaine Sibbick
- Richard Woods