It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jessica Campbell, Donna White, Mike Hambly, Michael Brothers for Peter Connaughton, Glenda Kohli for Christie Beck, Krista MacFarlane for Angela Killeen, and Janet MacDougall-Turner for Charlie Trainor.
Happy Birthday to: Noah Garnhum and Colby Huntingford.
- Today’s Culinary Meal is Diner-Style. There will be bacon and chicken club sandwiches with coleslaw and sweet potato wedges, vegetable noodle soup, and cheesecake cockaigne for dessert with iced tea. The cost is 8 dollars, and the meal will be served today at 11:50.
- All members of the Prom Committee need to meet in Learning Centre B at the beginning of morning break to have a picture for the yearbook taken.
- Students may return or renew over Library books at break or lunch. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- A blue/grey hard plastic one liter Camelbak water bottle has gone missing. If you locate it, please turn into the office.
- Grade ten students at MRHS will be participating in the Health Behaviour in School-aged Children (HBSC) Study, which is being undertaken by Queen’s University. This survey will be administered on Tuesday, March 11. Parents who do NOT want their students to participate should return the consent form indicating this.
- Over 75 MORE new books have arrived in the library! John Greene, Libba Bray, Brent Weeks, Philip Pullman are just a few authors… Tons of graphic novels too! Stop by and get a book for the long weekend!
- You can thank Michael Ferguson for working tirelessly and after hours, helping Mrs. Killeen get these on the shelves!
- All students interested in playing badminton should sign up in the PE area. The first practice will be next Monday. Practice times are: Monday 5-7 pm, Thursday 5-7 pm, and Sunday 5-7 pm. Possible additional practice times to be added at a later date. There will be no practices over March break.
- Women’s Rugby practice is scheduled for Thursday at 3:30 in the gym.
- Intramural Badminton: Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 to 12:20 in the gymnasium.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- We “spring ahead” this weekend. Remember to set your clocks ahead by one hour at 2:00am on Sunday.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Would you like to earn valuable volunteer work experience while having fun and enjoying the sun? Camp Abegweit is looking for teens to volunteer as counselors-in-training this summer! If you will be 15 as of July 1, 2014, you are invited to fill out an application form at http://www.campabegweit.ca. Deadline for applications is May 30, 2014.
- Holland College has extended their deadline for MRHS students until today! They will be here today for one to one meetings where you can ask questions and hand in your application form, resume and fee.
- Interested in Scholarship information at Holland College? Plan to attend an information session today at 11:45 in the Conference room of the Library.
- The University of Prince Edward Island is extending an invitation to high school students to attend the 2014 Open Class Days during their March Break on Tuesday and Wednesday (March 18 and 19). This is a great opportunity for students to experience UPEI in the company of friends and classmates and live a day in the life of a university student. The University will provide lunch, offer information sessions, and have campus tours. Instructions for Registration will follow soon.
- UPEI First Year Advisement Centre will be here at MRHS on April 3, 2014, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. Students attending UPEI next year should plan to sign up for a time where they can come with their parents and speak with a representative from the university. They will assist students in course selection as well as answer any other questions they may have.
- Any students who are applying to Baytech College are eligible to apply for a $500 scholarship. Please see student services for more information.
Yearbook: The following people have missed the deadline for grad write-ups!
- Emily Benoit
- Chris Butler
- Jake Doucette
- Jordan Fox
- Ambyr Gillis
- Emily Gilbert
- Chase Gauthier
- Kayla Howe
- Haley Irving
- Evan Jackson
- Jenna Jackson
- Dakota Llewellyn
- Dustin MacDonald
- Andrew MacLeod
- Parker MacRae
- Cliff McQuillan
- Zachary Munroe
- Shianne Noseworthy
- Dakoa Quinn
- Madelaine Sibbick
- Richard Woods