It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Jessica Campbell, Donna White, Mike Hambly, Kate Huston for Kirk White (pm), Katelyn Clow for Craig Conohan, Brian Crane for Gail Johnston, Krista MacFarlane for Sandra Hicken, and Janet MacDougall-Turner for Holly McKenna.
Happy Birthday to Natasha Brandon and Cody Powers.
- All Grade 12 French Immersion students are asked to please meet in Ms. Oehlke’s room at 12:05 today.
- A blue/grey hard plastic one liter Camelbak water bottle has gone missing. If you locate it, please turn into the office.
- Teachers who teach grade ten students in B block are reminded to hand out the School Health Survey consent forms to those students today.
- Grade ten students at MRHS will be participating in the Health Behaviour in School-aged Children (HBSC) Study, which is being undertaken by Queen’s University. This survey will be administered on Tuesday, March 11. Parents who do NOT want their students to participate should return the consent form indicating this.
- Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams will be getting their team photos taken today at lunch. Please have your uniforms with you and be ready in the gym at 12:15 sharp!
- If students are attending the spin class at Total Assets on Wednesday morning, please register with Ms. Mason in Room 90. Cost is $5 and needs to be paid by the end of the day Tuesday.
- Readers’ Circle will meet in Seminar Room A (Room 106) on Wednesday at 12:00 noon. Yearbook photo will be taken on this day. Please feel free bring your lunch!
- There will be a meeting Wednesday at 12 in the Library Conference room for any Grade 12 students interested in helping out with Prom!
- Congratulations to the Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams on well-played seasons. The men lost a close quarterfinal game to TOSH 2 in the AA playoffs and the women left it all on the court in a semifinal loss in OT to Colonel Gray and a bronze medal loss to Souris.
- There will be a meeting today for all those interested in playing Men’s Rugby in Mr. Connaughton’s room (carpentry shop) at 11:43.
- All students interested in playing badminton this year should sign up in the PE area. The first badminton practice is on Thursday at 5 pm.
- Women’s Rugby practice is scheduled for today and Thursday at 3:30 in the gym.
- Intramural Badminton: Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 to 12:20 in the gymnasium.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Holland College has extended their deadline for MRHS students. Due to storms and visits cancelled, they will extend the deadline until March 6. They will be here that day for one to one meetings where you can ask questions and hand in your application form, resume and fee. Sign up in Student Services for an appointment.
- The University of Prince Edward Island is extending an invitation to high school students to attend the 2014 Open Class Days during their March Break on Tuesday and Wednesday (March 18 and 19). This is a great opportunity for students to experience UPEI in the company of friends and classmates and live a day in the life of a university student. The University will provide lunch, offer information sessions, and have campus tours. Instructions for Registration will follow soon.
- UPEI First Year Advisement Centre will be here at MRHS on April 3, 2014, from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. Students attending UPEI next year should plan to sign up for a time where they can come with their parents and speak with a representative from the university. They will assist students in course selection as well as answer any other questions they may have.
- Interested in Scholarship information at Holland College? Plan to attend an information session on March 6 at 11:45 in the Conference room of the Library.
- Any students who are applying to Baytech College are eligible to apply for a $500 scholarship. Please see student services for more information.
Public Service Announcements:
- Montague High students who are taking Driver Education from Larry McGuire are informed that the classroom theory portion of the program is being given at Morell High on Monday, March 10, and Monday, March 24 from 3:30 until 8 on both dates. No problem if you are a bit late due to travelling but attendance is a must to qualify for the Driver Education Certificate. There is room for a few new students. Thank you.
Yearbook: The following people have missed the deadline for grad write-ups!
- Emily Benoit
- Dallas Boudreault
- Alec Bryenton
- Chris Butler
- Danny Cain
- Morgan Campbell
- Colby Cheverie
- Vinny Crane
- Patrick Cuddy
- Jake Doucette
- Cody Forrester
- Jordan Fox
- Ambyr Gillis
- Emily Gilbert
- Chase Gauthier
- Devin Godin
- Branden Henderson
- Robert Hicken
- Kayla Howe
- Haley Irving
- Evan Jackson
- Jenna Jackson
- Jordan Jamieson
- Mitchell Johnston
- Khye Krolikowski
- Tyler Laird
- Dakota Llewellyn
- Brody MacDonald
- Dustin MacDonald
- Nikeda MacDonald
- Andrew MacLeod
- Brent MacLeod
- Ryan MacPherson
- Parker MacRae
- Chandler Matheson
- Trent McGuigan
- Dakota McKearney
- Cheryl McManus
- Cliff McQuillan
- Zachary Munroe
- Shianne Noseworthy
- Evan O’Brien
- Blair Peardon
- Dakoa Quinn
- Branden Richards
- Kailley Robertson
- Kyle Robertson
- Madelaine Sibbick
- Richard Woods