It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Michael Brothers for Jonathan Hayes, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston, Donna White for Kim Mason (am), Darrell Bradley for Lianne Garland, and Mike Hambly for Jared Cheverie.
Happy Birthday to Lucas LaVie, and also to Quentin Kenny who celebrated his birthday over the weekend.
From the Library:
- The winner of the Library home room trivia goes to Ms. Lowther who had a great score and best time. The class will get Timbits on Monday morning. Answers are posted outside the Library.
- Now that the Olympic Games are over, please draw your attention to the library display case which is honouring black history month for the next several weeks.
- There are a variety of individuals highlighted and tons of books on display that students and staff may borrow. Check it out today!
- New Scholastic book orders for March have arrived and are available in the library. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- Intramural Badminton: Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 to 12:20 in the gymnasium.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Wednesday is Pink Shirt Day, a day designed to remind us all that we can stop bullying in it’s tracks!! Let’s see if we can get the whole school wearing pink on Wednesday.
- There will be a meeting this Wednesday at 12 in the Library Conference room for any Grade 12 students interested in helping out with Prom!
- SADD Bake Sale in the Cafeteria this Thursday at noon. Bring your loose change and support SADD.
- Are you still interested in finding your perfect match? Matchmakers will be available until Thursday, Feb.27, from Mrs. Hicken in Room #133.
- UNB admission on the spot! Stop by the Conference Room in the Library and apply to the University of New Brunswick on February 25, 2014 during last block. You will need to sign up for an appointment time at Student Services as well as get your teacher’s permission.
- Transition to UNB Fredericton Parent and Student Event: Tuesday, February 25, at 7:00 pm at the Delta Prince Edward in Charlottetown. This is a chance to have your questions answered about programs, time and budget management, campus life, financial aid and scholarships, next steps, and lots more! Admission on the spot.
- Reminder to students who are applying to UPEI that the scholarship deadline is March 1, 2014. Don’t forget to apply for the John S. MacDonald Scholarship awarded only to a MRHS Graduate.
Public Service Announcement:
- Montague High, along with other high schools across PEI will be participating in the 2014 Bluefield High School Friendship Hockey Tournament April 1-5, 2014. The committee is looking for any pieces of history related to High School Hockey-sweaters, jerseys, jackets, trophies etc. to be kept in the area in the CARI complex between the two rinks-hospitality rooms. If anyone in the Montague area would like to contribute to this display, please contact Earl Campbell at email@example.com to make arrangements.