It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Joseph Weale for Trisha Burrows, Michael Brothers for Caleigh Oehlke (pm), Jennifer Yorston for Gail Johnston, Brian Crane for Tracy Llewellyn, Janet MacDougall-Turner for Charlie Trainor, Pamela Hinks for Gail Greene.
Happy Birthday to Alex MacDonald.
Highlights for Today:
- Cook Off for Skills Canada will start at 11:43am today.
- Re: Tourism Job Fair at the Holland College Tourism & Culinary Centre. The fair was supposed to be on Wednesday but due to the weather the past couple days, it is has been postponed until today. It will still be at the Tourism & Culinary Centre between the hours of 9 am – 3pm.
From the Library:
- Today’s Quote: “Reading makes all other learning possible. We have to get books into our children’s hands early and often.” (Barack Obama)
- Olympic Fact: The first athlete to compete in both short track (1500m) and long track (5000m) speed skating was Haralds Silvos in 2010. He also became the first to compete in two different disciplines on the same day.
- Mrs. Killeen and her Library Monitors are busy keeping track of Canadian athletes as they represent Canada at the Olympics. Please check out the display case and the medal count which will be updated twice daily outside the library. Go Canada Go!
- New Scholastic book orders for March have arrived and are available in the library. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Shanley Saunders for her tough defense and excellent offensive play in a tough game against Colonel Gray.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Tynan Murphy. Tynan’s continued skill development and determined rebounding has helped the Vikings to climb the PEISAA standing as they push towards the playoffs. This work was rewarded as Tynan was named tournament MVP at Islander Invitational Hosted by Charlottetown Rural this past weekend. The Vikings were able to cover the point spread versus Colonel Gray 2 to Claim the Championship Title. The Men’s team will finish up their regular season on Wednesday when they travel to Bluefield.
- Intramural Badminton is starting every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 to 12:20 in the gymnasium. Bring Phys.Ed. clothing and shoes.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Are you still interested in finding your perfect match? Matchmakers will be available until Thursday, Feb.27, from Mrs. Hicken in Room #133.
- UNB admission on the spot! Stop by the Conference Room in the Library and apply to the University of New Brunswick on February 25, 2014 during last block. You will need to sign up for an appointment time at Student Services as well as get your teacher’s permission.
- Transition to UNB Fredericton Parent and Student Event: Tuesday, February 25, at 7:00 pm at the Delta Prince Edward in Charlottetown. This is a chance to have your questions answered about programs, time and budget management, campus life, financial aid and scholarships, next steps, and lots more! Admission on the spot.
- Reminder to students who are applying to UPEI that the scholarship deadline is March 1, 2014. Don’t forget to apply for the John S. MacDonald Scholarship awarded only to a MRHS Graduate.
Public Service Announcement:
- Montague High, along with other high schools across PEI will be participating in the 2014 Bluefield High School Friendship Hockey Tournament April 1-5, 2014. The committee is looking for any pieces of history related to High School Hockey-sweaters, jerseys, jackets, trophies etc. to be kept in the area in the CARI complex between the two rinks-hospitality rooms. If anyone in the Montague area would like to contribute to this display, please contact Earl Campbell at email@example.com to make arrangements.