It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mike Hambly for Karen Malone, Wanda Cheverie for Gail Johnston, Krista MacFarlane, Daniel St. Amand for Kirk White (pm), Janet MacDougall-Turner for Jennifer Victor, Brian Crane for Lynn Hayes, Donna White for Kelly Pike, and Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson (pm).
Happy Birthday to Olivia Delodder, Hannah Glover, and Kaylea MacCallum. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who celebrated their birthdays over this past weekend: Emily Sibbick and Hailey Irving.
Highlights for Today:
- All choir and band students are reminded that their Halifax trip payments and contracts are due no later than today to Ms. McInnis.
- Cafeteria will not be open for afternoon break today.
From the Library:
- Today’s Quote: “The world is full of magical places, and the library has always been one of them for me. A Library can be that special place for our children.” (Julie Andrews)
- Olympic Fact: The first time the Winter Olympics speed skating events were held inside was in Calgary 1988.
- Mrs. Killeen and her Library Monitors are busy keeping track of Canadian athletes as they represent Canada at the Olympics. Please check out the display case and the medal count which will be updated twice daily outside the library. Go Canada Go!
- New Scholastic book orders for March have arrived and are available in the library. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- Women’s Basketball game time against Charlottetown Rural has been changed to 6:30 pm. Players should be ready at 5:30 pm.
- Intramural Badminton is starting every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:00 to 12:20 in the gymnasium. Bring Phys.Ed. clothing and shoes.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- There will be a meeting this Wednesday at 12 in the Library Conference room for any Grade 12 students interested in helping out with Prom!
- Are you still interested in finding your perfect match? Matchmakers will be available until Thursday, Feb.27, from Mrs. Hicken in Room #133.
- Students wanting to apply to St. Thomas University can do so for FREE on Wednesday, February 19, at 1:30. A representative will be here to meet with students and accept applications. Please sign-up at Student Services as well as get your teachers’ permission to attend. Session will be held at Student Services.
- Want to apply to Holland College and haven’t yet? They will be here for one to one meetings on Thursday, February 20 at 11:30. Any students who are interested in applying and or have questions can sign up in Student Services for an appointment.
- UNB admission on the spot! Stop by the Conference Room in the Library and apply to the University of New Brunswick on February 25, 2014 during last block. You will need to sign up for an appointment time at Student Services as well as get your teacher’s permission.
- Transition to UNB Fredericton Parent and Student Event: Tuesday, February 25, at 7:00 pm at the Delta Prince Edward in Charlottetown. This is a chance to have your questions answered about programs, time and budget management, campus life, financial aid and scholarships, next steps, and lots more! Admission on the spot.
- Reminder to students who are applying to UPEI that the scholarship deadline is March 1, 2014. Don’t forget to apply for the John S. MacDonald Scholarship awarded only to a MRHS Graduate.