It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White, Jillian Power for Matthew Killeen, Michael Brothers for Kim Mason, and Krista MacFarlane for Angela Killeen.
Highlights for Today:
- Show your LOVE with a cute and unique button. Sold by the SAVE group, all proceeds are going towards our goal of building a school overseas. Cost is $2 and SAVE will thank you with a heart lollipop! Come by Student Services today!
- All Disney Choir members are reminded that they have rehearsal today from 4:30 – 6:00.
- All Singing Telegrams people are reminded that they have a rehearsal today from 6:00-7:30.
- There will not be Here Comes Treble rehearsal tomorrow morning.
- Today, a representative from Acadia will be doing an information session for students who have applied or are considering applying to Acadia. The meeting will take place at Student Services during lunch so students should bring their lunches to the meeting. Interested students are asked to sign up at Student Services.
- All grads are reminded to get your grad write-up in to the Yearbook Staff, as well as your baby pictures, by Friday, February 14. If you do not get these in by Friday, you risk not having it published in the yearbook.
- Looking for a way to say something special for Valentine’s Day? Try CSLC’s cupcake grams that are on sale this week for $2. You will need to know where to find the recipient during C Block, so cupcakes can be delivered.
- Find your perfect match at MRHS by purchasing your matchmaker results this week for $2.
From the Library:
- Today’s Quote: “When the going gets tough, the tough get a librarian.” (Joan Bauer)
- Olympic Fact: The first games (Winter or Summer) for a mascot to appear was in 1968 in Grenoble – Schuss – a man on skis.
- Mrs. Killeen and her Library Monitors are busy keeping track of Canadian athletes as they represent Canada at the Olympics. Please check out the display case and the medal count which will be updated twice daily outside the library. Go Canada Go!
- If you are interested in supporting Montague High Environthon team, please see Mrs. Killeen to purchase a ticket for a $2000 travel voucher. Tickets are $20. Draw takes place Friday here at the school!
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Alanna VanWiechen for her offensive contributions (Alanna scored over half of her team’s points in a tough loss to Colonel Gray) as well as her tough defense.
- Today’s Home Game: Men’s Basketball team plays Charlottetown Rural at 5:30 pm.
- Men’s Basketball players who have not yet paid their athletic fees in full must do so this week. The balance can be paid to Ms. Dowd or at the main office.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Any students who need the help of a free peer tutor should visit Learning Centre B for more information.
- The Learning Centre is available at lunch from 12:05-12:30 for anyone wishing for a little extra help with that tricky paper, their math homework, or any other class they need help with.
- Trip deposits for the Halifax Choir and Band trip are due to Ms. McInnis on Tuesday, February 18.
- The Student-Teacher Hockey Game has been moved to March 13 at 6:30pm.
- Video Contest for PEI High School Students: Are you interested in a chance to win cash for you, and for your school? Create a two minute original video that captures the importance of workplace safety. Entries accepted until March 28. For contest rules and entry forms, go to: wcb.pe.ca/workplace/contest
- Students wanting to apply to St. Thomas University can do so for FREE on Wednesday, February 19, at 1:30. A representative will be here to meet with students and accept applications. Please sign-up at Student Services as well as get your teachers’ permission to attend. Session will be held at Student Services.
- The ACTIVATE National Youth Leadership Forum spans across 4 days at Carleton University and serves as a platform for learning, empowerment, teaching youth the importance of leadership and sport, and most importantly, providing them the tools to return back to their home communities to make a positive change. Application deadline is February 28. To apply or find out more info check out the following link: http://www.motivatecanada.ca/en/activate