It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White, Jennifer Yorston for Lynn Hayes, Tracy Schurman for Kelly Matheson, Brian Somers for Anne MacKinnon, Janet MacDougall-Turner for Kim Mason, Trevor MacDonald for Heidi Hayden-Ward, Andrew Murchison for Ralph Jamieson, Dean Lackie for Jared Cheverie (am), and Michael Brothers for Jonathan Hayes (pm).
Parents/Guardians/Students should note that the 2014-2015 Course Description Booklet is now available on our website. Students are reminded that Course Selection sheets are due back this week.
Happy Birthday to Brittany Beck, Sierra Belong, Ben Gallant, and Cassie MacLean.
Highlights for Today:
- Ashley Cotton, please see Ms. Dowd this morning.
- There will be a meeting today at 12 in the Library Conference room for any Grade 12 students interested in helping out with Prom!
- Readers’ Circle will meet at 12:05pm today in the Library Seminar Room A.
- Debate Club will meet today at 12:00 in Room 211.
- All grads are reminded to get your grad write-up in to the Yearbook Staff, as well as your baby pictures, by Friday, February 14. If you do not get these in by Friday, you risk not having it published in the yearbook.
- Students! Did you order a yearbook? Please make sure your name is in the list posted in the halls. If your name is not on the list, you won’t get one. Check the list by the end of lunch!
- Students who have overdue Library items must see Mrs. Killeen at break time to renew or return. You can also use the drop box in the hallway outside the Library. All of these accounts will be restricted until items are returned.
- Looking for a way to say something special for Valentine’s Day? Try CSLC’s cupcake grams that are on sale this week for $2. You will need to know where to find the recipient during C Block, so cupcakes can be delivered.
- Find your perfect match at MRHS by purchasing your matchmaker results this week for $2.
- Want a new and interesting way to tell that special person that you love them? If you are interested in purchasing a singing love telegram to send to a loved one, see a member of the Disney Choir or contact Montague High School and choose from our list of songs. The telegrams cost $20 and will be delivered anywhere in Kings County or the Charlottetown area.
From the Library:
- Today’s Quote: “A university is just a group of buildings gathered around a library.” (Shelby Foote)
- Olympic Fact: The first Winter Games to use a computer (courtesy of IBM) to tabulate results was in 1960 Squaw Valley, USA.
- Mrs. Killeen and her Library Monitors will be busy over the next few weeks keeping track of Canadian athletes as they represent Canada at the Olympics. Please check out the display case and the medal count which will be updated twice daily outside the library. Featured sports of the day will also be indicated. Huge thanks to Ms. Garland and Anna Frankfurt for providing the beautiful coloured posters! Go Canada Go! There will be a home room contest next week! Stay tuned for more details!
- If you are interested in supporting Montague High Environthon team, please see Mrs. Killeen to purchase a ticket for a $2000 travel voucher. Tickets are $20. Draw takes place Friday here at the school!
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Alanna VanWiechen for her offensive contributions (Alanna scored over half of her team’s points in a tough loss to Colonel Gray) as well as her tough defense.
- Men’s Basketball players who have not yet paid their athletic fees in full must do so this week. The balance can be paid to Ms. Dowd or at the main office.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Any students who need the help of a free peer tutor should visit Learning Centre B for more information.
- The Learning Centre is available at lunch from 12:05-12:30 for anyone wishing for a little extra help with that tricky paper, their math homework, or any other class they need help with.
- Trip deposits for the Halifax Choir and Band trip are due to Ms. McInnis on Tuesday, February 18.
- The Student-Teacher Hockey Game has been moved to March 13 at 6:30pm.
- On Thursday, February 13, a representative from Acadia will be doing an info session for students who have applied or are considering applying to Acadia. The meeting will take place at Student Services during lunch so students should bring their lunches to the meeting. Interested students are asked to sign up at Student Services.
- Students wanting to apply to St. Thomas University can do so for FREE on Wednesday, February 19, at 1:30. A representative will be here to meet with students and accept applications. Please sign-up at Student Services as well as get your teachers’ permission to attend. Session will be held at Student Services.
- The ACTIVATE National Youth Leadership Forum spans across 4 days at Carleton University and serves as a platform for learning, empowerment, teaching youth the importance of leadership and sport, and most importantly, providing them the tools to return back to their home communities to make a positive change. Application deadline is February 28. To apply or find out more info check out the following link: http://www.motivatecanada.ca/en/activate