It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Brian Crane for Gail Greene
Happy Birthday to: Cameron Glover and Vicki Vandenberghe. We extend belated greetings to Jennifer Shaw who celebrated her birthday yesterday.
08:45 – 09:00am: 1st Semester A Block
09:00 – 09:15am: 1st Semester B Block
09:15 – 09:30am: 1st Semester C Block
09:30 – 09:45am: 1st Semester D Block
09:45 – 10:40am: 2nd Semester A Block
10:40 – 10:50am: Morning Break
10:50 – 11:43am: 2nd Semester B Block
11:43 – 12:30pm: Lunch Break
12:30 – 01:45pm: 2nd Semester D Block
01:45 – 01:55pm: Break
01:55 – 03:10pm: 2nd Semester C Block
Highlights for Today:
- Want a new and interesting way to tell that special person that you love them? If you are interested in purchasing a singing love telegram to send to a loved one, see a member of the Disney Choir or contact Montague High School and choose from our list of songs. The telegrams cost $20 and will be delivered anywhere in Kings County or the Charlottetown area.
- The Disney Choir will be presenting the 3rd Annual Love Songs Concert “Gossip Girl: Love Abounds” on Tuesday, February 11 at MRHS at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $6 for adults and $5 for students and seniors. There will be snacks for sale, a cake auction, and a “Best Loveseat in the House” Contest. Come checkout this love-filled evening!!
- Anyone want to get a jump start on their studies this semester? Want a tutor to help you with that tricky subject? MRHS now has FREE peer tutors available in the morning, at lunch and after school. Come on down to Learning Centre B to get matched with the perfect tutor for you!
- The Learning Centre is available at lunch from 12:05-12:30 for anyone wishing for a little extra help with that tricky paper, their math homework, or any other class they need help with. Come on down and let us help you!!
From the Library:
- Students are invited to participate in an anti-racism creative competition. There are 3 categories: short story/poem, poster and video – entries are to reflect an anti-racism theme. All contest details are online at www.peianc.com or check out the poster in the school Library. There is a cash prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each of the three categories, plus a $200 cash prize for the school of the 1st place winner in each category. Competition closes on March 7, 2014 at 4:30pm.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- SADD meeting is scheduled for Tuesday at 12:05 in Room 224.
- High School Choir and band deposits and contracts for the Halifax trip are due to Ms. Glenda McInnis tomorrow.
- The Choir starts rehearsing again tomorrow (Tuesday) at 3:30 and Wednesday morning at 7:30. See you there!
- The Disney Choir will be presenting the 3rd Annual Love Songs Concert “Gossip Girl: Love Abounds” on Tuesday, February 11, at MRHS at 7:00 pm. Tickets are $6 for adults and $5 for students and seniors. There will be snacks for sale, a cake auction, and a “Best Loveseat in the House” Contest. Come checkout this love-filled evening!
- Any students applying to Cape Breton University should visit Student Services for information regarding scholarships.
- Holland College will be visiting the school on February 6 from 12:15-1:00pm for an information session. All Grade 12’s considering Holland College should attend the session. You must sign up in Student Services as well get your teachers’ permission.
- All Grade 12 students considering attending UPEI next year should sign up for an information session planned for February 10, from 12:30 to 1:45. This is very important! You must have teacher permission to attend this session. Remember to sign up in Student Services!
- On Thursday, February 13, a representative from Acadia will be doing an info session for students who have applied or are considering applying to Acadia. The meeting will take place at Student Services during lunch so students should bring their lunches to the meeting. Interested students are asked to sign up at Student Services.
- The Rotary Club of Charlottetown will be awarding scholarships for the 2014-15 school year to physically challenged Island students attending a university or college. Deadline is March 7th, 2014. See Student Services for more information on this one and the many more scholarships on our Scholarship board.
- The next STRIVE meeting is February 4 (tomorrow) at noon in the seminar room in the library. New members are welcome. STRIVE is a Grade 12 scholarship program for students who have demonstrated significant improvement in academics, attendance and attitude. Two $1500 scholarships are up for grabs! Lunch is provided. See Mr. Conohan or Ms Victor for details.
Public Service Announcements:
- Students… Parks Canada is hiring! Ready to put some summer back in your summer job? Want to help us educate, protect and support our natural and cultural heritage areas? Interested in being part of a team providing quality visitor experiences and memories to last a lifetime? If so, we have bilingual and English positions available at Prince Edward Island National Park (Cavendish – Dalvay and Greenwich), Green Gables Heritage Place, and Port-la-Joye /Fort Amherst National Historic Site. To apply, submit an application and attach a resume on-line to the Federal Student Employment Work Experience Program (FSWEP) www.jobs-emplois.gc.ca. Apply now!