Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Angela Killeen, Mike Hambly for Class Composition, and Wanda Cheverie for Toby Murphy.
Happy Birthday to Emily Norton and Megan Walsh.
Highlights for Today:
- Morning Exams: MAT421A, MAT521A, MAT521B, MAT621A, MAT621B
- Afternoon Exams: FRE521F, FRE621F, GE621A, PHY621A
- Mrs. Beaton’s Biology 521 students are asked to stop by her room before you leave for the day.
- Change in Cafeteria Schedule During Exams:
- Monday & Tuesday (Jan.27-28) – no afternoon break during exams
- Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday (Jan.29-31) – Cafeteria is closed.
- Students are reminded that many colleges and universities require a resume with their applications. During the week of exams, Lynn Hayes will be available to assist students in developing resumes. Please contact Lynn in the Book Room if you would like any assistance with your resume.
Procedures When Weather Affects Exams:
- If there is a delay, exams will be delayed by the same amount of time.
- If early dismissal is required, the exam to be written that afternoon will be re-scheduled for January 30 at 9:00 am.
- If a school is cancelled for the day:
- Examinations will be written on the following day.
- If school is cancelled on January 30, 2014:
- Examinations will be held on January 31.
- End of Semester Administration Day will be moved to February 3.
- If all schools are closed on January 31, 2014:
- End of Semester Administration Day for all schools will be moved to February 3.
- February 4 will be the first day of second semester.
- If classes are cancelled on January 31 in one school or a Family of Schools:
- End of Semester Administration for affected schools will be moved to February 3.
- February 4 will be the first day of second semester for affected schools.
From the Library:
- The Library is in “exam mode” this week. This means absolutely no noise will be tolerated at any time throughout the day in the Library, especially during lunch. The Library is for individual study only.
- Groups are asked to sign out study rooms. This is on a first come, first served, basis. Time in rooms may need to be limited if necessary. During exams, these rooms may be used for oral testing, scribing, etc. Please see Mrs. Killeen with any questions.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Tuesday Morning Exams: HIS421A, AGS801A, CHM521A, GEO421A, HIS621X
- Tuesday Afternoon Exams: BIO521A, BIO621A, SCI421A
- Time is running out! Do you want a yearbook this year? Remember that you only have until January 30 to order yours. You can order from the website using a credit card http://www.jostens.com/apps/shop/yrbk_catalog.asp?cid=152996&pfid=2013101204154867059&affiliateId=1111993 or you can see Olivia Jamieson or Sabryna Schurman to pay by cash or cheque. Don’t forget that you can make a down payment for your yearbook and pay the rest before they arrive in June. Hurry up.
- The next STRIVE meeting is February 4 at noon in the seminar room in the library. New members are welcome. STRIVE is a Grade 12 scholarship program for students who have demonstrated significant improvement in academics, attendance and attitude. Two $1500 scholarships are up for grabs! Lunch is provided. See Mr. Conohan or Ms Victor for details.
- All Grade 12 students considering attending UPEI next year should sign up for an information session planned for February 10, from 12:30 to 1:45. This is very important! You must have teacher permission to attend this session. Remember to sign up in Student Services!
- Upcoming Scholarship deadlines; see the Scholarship Board in Student Services for more information.
- University of British Columbia Entrance Awards (Jan.31)
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award (Feb 1)
- Digital Bootcamp (Center for the Arts and Technology): This three day, jam-packed event is a combination of hands-on experience, and education about future career paths. Register by January 31 and pay only a $100.00 fee (after January 31, registration is $150.00). Deadline: March 3, 2014. Two camps offered:
- Halifax location: April 1-3, 2014
- Fredericton location: March 3-7, 2014
- Holland College will be hosting Campus Tour Days on the following days/locations:
- February 8: Prince of Wales Campus, Georgetown, Tourism and Culinary
- February 22: Summerside Waterfront Campus, Alberton, Atlantic Police Academy
- o At these events, students can apply for free. Also students who fill out a ballot at these will be entered into a draw for free tuition. For more info or to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902.566.9503.