It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Donna White for Kim Mason, Mike Hambly in for Class Composition, Jessie Campbell for Alana Trainor (pm), Andrew Murchison for Tim Lea, and Sherri MacKenzie for Dawn Martell (pm).
Happy Birthday to: Paige Butler, Abagail Cooper and Jordan Fox.
Highlights for Today:
- Culinary Class is serving a “Canadia Meal” today. Check it out at the Culinary Lab.
- Reader’s Circle will meet in the Conference Room of the Library today at 12:05pm. See you there!
- Are you missing a jump drive? A silver worry/stress ring was found outside last week. Check at the office if you are missing items!
- Need help getting ready for exams? Looking for some new study tips? MRHS Peer Tutors are ready to help you! Come see Ms. Christie Beck or Ms. Kelly Pike in Learning Centre B this week for more information!
- Toy Drive: This week, students are invited to bring in cash and new or gently used toys to support kids at the IWK Hospital. Contributors will have a chance to win a $50 gift card and homeroom pizza party!
From the Library:
- Be 1 of 5 winners across Canada of a 32 GB Ipad just by filling out a contest form in the School Library!
- Basketball bus will depart for TOSH at 3:15 pm today. Good luck!
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week for the week of January 6-10 is Zoie Farish of the Women’s Basketball team. Zoie was one of the high scorers in wins over Morell and Souris, playing gutsy, tough, and scrambling defense in both games.
- The MRHS Male Athlete of the Week for the week of January 6-10 is Daniel Morrison-Benoit. Daniel’s hard work in training and on the court last week helped the Men’s Basketball team raise their level of play. A good shooting performance and leadership has helped the team.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Exams start on Friday, January 24, and run through to Thursday, January 30, 2014.
- Students are reminded that many colleges and universities require a resume with their applications. During the week of exams, Lynn Hayes will be available to assist students in developing resumes. Please contact Lynn in Learning Centre A if you would like any assistance with your resume.
- ATTENTION STUDENTS: Do you want a yearbook this year? Remember that you only have until January 30 to order yours. You can order from the website using a credit card http://www.jostens.com/apps/shop/yrbk_catalog.asp?cid=152996&pfid=2013101204154867059&affiliateId=1111993 or you can see Olivia Jamieson or Sabryna Schurman to pay by cash or cheque. Don’t forget that you can make a down payment for your yearbook and pay the rest before they arrive in June. Hurry up. Time is running out!
- All Grade 12 students considering attending UPEI next year should sign up for an information session planned for February 10, from 12:30 to 1:45. This is very important! You must have teacher permission to attend this session. Remember to sign up in Student Services!
- Upcoming Scholarship deadlines; see the Scholarship Board in Student Services for more information.
- Schulich Leader Scholarship (Jan.23)
- Canada’s Luckiest Student 2 Student Life Network Contest (Jan. 23)
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award (Feb 1)
- The UBC (University of British Columbia) Entrance Awards deadline is Jan. 31. The purpose of these awards are to support academically qualified students who show an interest in applying to UBC , but who would not otherwise be able to attend without significant financial assistance. See Student Services for more information.
- Digital Bootcamp (Center for the Arts and Technology): This three day, jam-packed event is a combination of hands-on experience, and education about future career paths. Register by January 31 and pay only a $100.00 fee (after January 31, registration is $150.00). Deadline: March 3, 2014. Two camps offered:
- Halifax location: April 1-3, 2014
- Fredericton location: March 3-7, 2014
- Holland College will be hosting Campus Tour Days on the following days/locations:
- February 8: Prince of Wales Campus, Georgetown, Tourism and Culinary
- February 22: Summerside Waterfront Campus, Alberton, Atlantic Police Academy
- o At these events, students can apply for free. Also students who fill out a ballot at these will be entered into a draw for free tuition. For more info or to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902.566.9503.