It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Janet MacDougall-Turner in for Ms Hayden-Ward, Donna White for Sandra Hicken (pm), and Mike Hambly in for Class Composition.
Happy Birthday Happy Belated birthday to Austin Leeco, Cian McTavish, Chiane Perrot, and Daniel Timen who all celebrated birthdays yesterday!
Highlights for Today:
- There will be an O.R.E.O. meeting/tryouts in Ms. Malone’s room, No.113, at 11:45am today.
- The Library will reopen tomorrow (Tuesday, Jan.14), but remains closed today. Students needing a study area can go to the following rooms:
- A and B Blocks – Room 213
- C and D Blocks – Room 85
- Toy Drive: This week, students are invited to bring in cash and new or gently used toys to support kids at the IWK Hospital. Contributors will have a chance to win a $50 gift card and homeroom pizza party!
From the Library:
- Are you interested in winning an Ipad from Scholastic Books? Be 1 of 5 winners of a 32 GB Ipad just by filling out a contest form in the School Library! Official contest rules and forms available at
http://www.scholastic.ca/clubs/activities/images/TR_Contest_iPad_01_2014.pdf One entry per person. No purchase necessary! Entries must be received before Friday, February 21, 2014. Winners announced on March 25, 2014. See Mrs. Killeen for more details!
- Home room teachers have posted lists of overdue library items. Students, you should return your materials to the Library drop box in the hallway.
- Field Hockey League begins today.
- Today’s Home Games:
- Women’s Basketball play KISH @ 5:30 pm
- Men’s Basketball play KISH @ 7:30 pm
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Girls Group will resume on Wednesday, January 15, 2014.
- Students are reminded that many colleges and universities require a resume with their applications. During the week of exams, Lynn Hayes will be available to assist students in developing resumes. Please contact Lynn in Learning Centre A if you would like any assistance with your resume.
- ATTENTION STUDENTS: Do you want a yearbook this year? Remember that you only have until January 30 to order yours. You can order from the website using a credit card http://www.jostens.com/apps/shop/yrbk_catalog.asp?cid=152996&pfid=2013101204154867059&affiliateId=1111993 or you can see Olivia Jamieson or Sabryna Schurman to pay by cash or cheque. Don’t forget that you can make a down payment for your yearbook and pay the rest before they arrive in June. Hurry up. Time is running out!
- Upcoming Scholarship deadlines; see the Scholarship Board in Student Services for more information.
- Future Aces Foundation Scholarship and Citizenship Award (Jan.15)
- Schulich Leader Scholarship (Jan.23)
- Canada’s Luckiest Student 2 Student Life Network Contest (Jan. 23)
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award (Feb 1)
- The UBC (University of British Columbia) Entrance Awards deadline is Jan. 31. The purpose of these awards are to support academically qualified students who show an interest in applying to UBC , but who would not otherwise be able to attend without significant financial assistance. See Student Services for more information.
- Digital Bootcamp (Center for the Arts and Technology): This three day, jam-packed event is a combination of hands-on experience, and education about future career paths. Register by January 31 and pay only a $100.00 fee (after January 31, registration is $150.00). Deadline: March 3, 2014.
- Holland College will be hosting Campus Tour Days on the following days/locations:
- February 8: Prince of Wales Campus, Georgetown, Tourism and Culinary
- February 22: Summerside Waterfront Campus, Alberton, Atlantic Police Academy
- o At these events, students can apply for free. Also students who fill out a ballot at these will be entered into a draw for free tuition. For more info or to register please contact email@example.com or call 902.566.9503.
Public Service Announcements:
Upcoming Bronze Medallion / Bronze Cross Courses: Classes will be offered at Atlantic Fitness East in Montague, starting on January 15. These courses are pre-requisites for anyone who is interested in becoming a swimming instructor or a lifeguard. Call 838-3047 or visit the website at www.fitnesseast.ca for more details.