It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Janet MacDougall-Turner for Craig Conohan (pm), Donna White for Kelly Pike, Virginia Harris for Kirk White (pm), Zak Likely for Class Composition, and Mike Brothers for Sandra Hicken.
We are operating on a one hour delay today. Adjusted times are as follows:
- 09:40am – Students move to home room
- 09:45am – A Block
- 10:40am – Break
- 10:50am – B Block
- 11:43am – Lunch break
Happy Birthday to all the students who celebrated their birthdays over the Christmas break: William McGuigan, Marc White, Owen Williams, Andrew MacLeod, Billie MacKay, David Cain, Matthew Gallo, Connor O’Brien, Jordan Stewart, Colin Bradley, Emma Murphy, Ashley Bernard, and Trent McGuigan.
Highlights for Today:
- Scholastic book orders for January have arrived and are available in the library until Friday. Remember there are Teen Readers flyers, as well as French and Technology flyers. There is something for everyone!
- Home room teachers have posted lists of overdue library items. Students, you should visit the library during break or lunch to renew or return your materials!
- Jason Reeves, Kaytlin Chandler and Anthony McGuigan should submit their wrestling consent forms to Ms. Dowd ASAP.
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Consolidated.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- If you would like this year’s yearbook, you now need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price is now $50 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions! If you don’t order, you will not get a yearbook in June! See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons that are available for an extra charge. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- Upcoming Scholarship deadlines; see the Scholarship Board in Student Services for more information.
- 1800 Wheelchair Canada (Jan 5)
- Burger King Scholars Program (Jan 10)
- AFOA-Potashcorp Aboriginal Youth Financial Management Awards (Jan.10)
- Future Aces Foundation Scholarship and Citizenship Award (Jan.15)
- Schulich Leader Scholarship (Jan.23)
- Canada’s Luckiest Student 2 Student Life Network Contest (Jan. 23)
- The RCMP will be holding a Career Presentation at 3:00 pm on January 9, 2014, at the Rural Action Centre, Montague.
- Digital Bootcamp (Center for the Arts and Technology): This three day, jam-packed event is a combination of hands-on experience, and education about future career paths. Register by January 31 and pay only a $100.00 fee (after January 31, registration is $150.00). Deadline: March 3, 2014.
- Holland College will be hosting Campus Tour Days on the following days/locations:
- February 8: Prince of Wales Campus, Georgetown, Tourism and Culinary
- February 22: Summerside Waterfront Campus, Alberton, Atlantic Police Academy
- At these events, students can apply for free. Also students who fill out a ballot at these will be entered into a draw for free tuition. For more info or to register please contact email@example.com or call 902.566.9503.