It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Janet MacDougall-Turner for Bethany MacLeod, Michael Brothers for Tim Lea, Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, and Zak Likely for Seana Evans-Renaud (pm).
Happy Birthday to: Brent Deagle, Tyler Deagle and Louise Loung.
Highlights for Today:
- Students are asked to check your lockers today and remove any food items that might spoil over the Christmas break. The smell from unrefrigerated leftovers can sometimes be very unpleasant!
- Envirothon Potluck lunch today in Room 129. Students are asked to bring your tickets.
- SADD is having a Bake Sale today in the Cafeteria at lunch break. There are lots of goodies; support your SADD Group!
- A huge thank you to all staff and students and parents who visited Chapters Indigo on Thursday evening as part of the Library fundraiser. A sincere thank you to the school choir for providing the musical entertainment for shoppers! Merry Christmas!!
- Mr. Lea’s Global Issues class is still selling candy grams during lunch break; check in the lobby. Each candy gram is a dollar and will be delivered today. All proceeds will be going to our twin school in Kenya.
- Today is the last day to enter the “Guess Who’s Reading” contest! Identify all of the 12 staff members reading their favourite books for your chance to win a holiday gift coupon or a discount on any book order from Scholastic! All correct entries will be entered into a random draw and three winners will be named!
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Viking Athletic clothing is on sale in the ticket booth at morning break and the beginning of lunch!
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Cons.
- Upcoming Scholarship deadlines; see the Scholarship Board in Student Services for more information.
- 1800 Wheelchair Canada (Jan 5)
- Burger King Scholars Program (Jan 10)
- AFOA-Potashcorp Aboriginal Youth Financial Management Awards (Jan.10)
- Future Aces Foundation Scholarship and Citizenship Award (Jan.15)
- Schulich Leader Scholarship (Jan.23)
- Canada’s Luckiest Student 2 Student Life Network Contest (Jan. 23)
- The RCMP will be holding a Career Presentation at 3:00 pm on January 9, 2014, at the Rural Action Centre, Montague.
- Digital Bootcamp (Center for the Arts and Technology): If you are interested in a career in digital art or design, then the Centre for Arts and Technology’s Digital Bootcamp is your chance to explore that career. This three day, jam-packed event is a combination of hands-on experience, and education about future career paths. Studio spaces and guidance from our industry professional instructors will help you determine your skill set for a future career. Register by January 31, 2014, and pay only a $100.00 registration fee (after January 31, registration is $150.00). Deadline: March 3, 2014.
- Holland College will be hosting Campus Tour Days on the following days/locations:
- February 8: Prince of Wales Campus, Georgetown, Tourism and Culinary
- February 22: Summerside Waterfront Campus, Alberton, Atlantic Police Academy
- At these events, students can apply for free. Also students who fill out a ballot at these will be entered into a draw for free tuition. For more info or to register please contact email@example.com or call 902.566.9503.
- First day of classes for the new year is Thursday, January 2, 2014.
- If you would like this year’s yearbook, you now need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price is now $50 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions! If you don’t order, you will not get a yearbook in June! See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons that are available for an extra charge. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.