It’s a “C-D” Day!
We are operating on a one hour delay today: (afternoon classes as usual)
- 09:40am – Home Room
- 09:45am – A Block
- 10:40am – Break
- 10:50am – B Block
- 11:43am – Lunch
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Seana Evans-Renaud (am) and Heidi Hayden-Ward (pm), Donna White for Angela Killeen (pm), Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins, and Sherri MacKenzie for Kelly Matheson (pm).
Happy Birthday to: Drew Hinks. We also extend belated greetings to the following students who had their birthdays yesterday: Melissa Greencorn, Kayla MacAulay, Julianna Ross and Hailee White.
Special Days This Week:
- Thursday: Red & Green Day
- Friday: Christmas Character Contest and Variety Show
Highlights for Today:
- SADD will be holding a bake sale in the Cafeteria today at lunchtime. Lots of treats and sweets will be available, so plan to support your SADD group!
- CSLC 2014 permission forms are due to Ms. MacLeod or Mrs. Hicken today with no exceptions. Due to the storm, your meeting is postponed until later notice. Please watch your email for more information.
- Mr. Lea’s Global Issues class will be selling candy grams at lunch in the lobby again today and tomorrow. Each candy gram is a dollar and will be delivered on Friday. All proceeds will be going to our twin school in Kenya.
- There is a Library fundraiser this evening from 5 to 7pm at the Chapters Indigo store in Charlottetown. A portion of all regular priced sales will go towards the purchases of Kobo books, fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels. This is a great way to finish up your Christmas shopping and support the library. The MRHS choir will be on site entertaining shoppers with their musical talents. The library will be closed after school on this day for library staff to attend this fundraiser.
- The “Guess Who’s Reading” contest is still open for entries! Identify all of the 12 staff members reading their favourite books for your chance to win a holiday gift coupon or a discount on any book order from Scholastic! All correct entries will be entered into a random draw and three winners will be named! Ballots will be available in the Library until Friday! The odds are great…we just have a few entries so far!
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Jason Reeves, Kaytlin Chandler, and Anthony McGuigan are reminded to hand your wrestling consent forms in to Ms. Dowd.
- Viking Athletic clothing is on sale in the ticket booth at morning break and the beginning of lunch!
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Cons.
- Upcoming Scholarship deadlines; see the Scholarship Board in Student Services for more information.
- 1800 Wheelchair Canada (Jan 5)
- Burger King Scholars Program (Jan 10)
- AFOA-Potashcorp Aboriginal Youth Financial Management Awards (Jan.10)
- Future Aces Foundation Scholarship and Citizenship Award (Jan.15)
- Schulich Leader Scholarship (Jan.23)
- Canada’s Luckiest Student 2 Student Life Network Contest (Jan. 23)
- The RCMP will be holding a Career Presentation at 3:00 pm on January 9, 2014, at the Rural Action Centre, Montague.
- Digital Bootcamp (Center for the Arts and Technology): If you are interested in a career in digital art or design, then the Centre for Arts and Technology’s Digital Bootcamp is your chance to explore that career. This three day, jam-packed event is a combination of hands-on experience, and education about future career paths. Studio spaces and guidance from our industry professional instructors will help you determine your skill set for a future career. Register by January 31, 2014, and pay only a $100.00 registration fee (after January 31, registration is $150.00). Deadline: March 3, 2014.
- Holland College will be hosting Campus Tour Days on the following days/locations:
- February 8: Prince of Wales Campus, Georgetown, Tourism and Culinary
- February 22: Summerside Waterfront Campus, Alberton, Atlantic Police Academy
- At these events, students can apply for free. Also students who fill out a ballot at these will be entered into a draw for free tuition. For more info or to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902.566.9503.
- Envirothon Potluck lunch tomorrow in Room 129. Students are asked to bring your tickets.
- If you would like this year’s yearbook, you now need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price is now $50 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions! If you don’t order, you will not get a yearbook in June! See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons that are available for an extra charge. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
Public Service Announcements:
- Children can build their confidence while having fun learning a martial art from qualified black belt instructors. Take advantage of the $80 intro offer which includes dues for the first month and a Dobok (uniform). Two weeks free (at your convenience). Location in Montague is 15 Wood Islands Road, the location in Fortune is at 95 route 310 at La-Belle-Cloche school. Classes in Montague are on Tuesdays and Thursdays: Beginner kids 6-7pm. Advanced kids 7-8pm and Adults 8-9pm, Saturdays (sparring classes) 3-4pm for kids and 4-5pm for adults. Classes in Fortune are on Mondays and Fridays at 6:45 to 8pm for both children and adults. Please call Ashley Lainey – Owner/Head instructor at 629-5529 for more information.