It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Mary Irene Campbell for Pauline Kelly, Zak Likely for Lianne Garland, Mike Hambly for Mary Ellen Lowther, Trevor MacDonald for Craig Conohan, and Wanda Cheverie for Yvonne Higgins.
Special Days This Week:
- Tuesday: Twin Day
- Wednesday: ER Day
- Thursday: Red & Green Day
- Friday: Christmas Character Contest and Variety Show
Highlights for Today:
- There will be a short SADD meeting today at 12:05 in Mr. Jamieson’s room.
- Grads! Heckberts will be here today at lunch break with photo packages. Balances must be paid in full before grad photos will be distributed.
- The MRHS Music Department will present “A Traditional Christmas” today, starting at 7:00pm. This will be a night of awesome Christmas music performed by the talented instrumental and vocal students of MRHS. Tickets are $6 each or $5 for students and seniors. There will be a cake auction, a “Best Seats in the House” draw, and an old-fashioned sweets and apple cider sale. Come on out and enjoy!
- The “Guess Who’s Reading” contest is still open for entries! Identify all of the 12 staff members reading their favourite books for your chance to win a holiday gift coupon or a discount on any book order from Scholastic! All correct entries will be entered into a random draw and three winners will be named! Ballots will be available in the Library until Friday! The odds are great…we just have a few entries so far!
- See Ms. Christie Beck or Ms. Kelly Pike in Learning Centre B for more information about available Peer Tutor help.
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- Viking Athletic clothing is on sale in the ticket booth at morning break and the beginning of lunch!
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Cons.
- Upcoming Scholarship deadlines; see the Scholarship Board in Student Services for more information.
- 1800 Wheelchair Canada (Jan 5)
- Burger King Scholars Program (Jan 10)
- AFOA-Potashcorp Aboriginal Youth Financial Management Awards (Jan.10)
- Future Aces Foundation Scholarship and Citizenship Award (Jan.15)
- Schulich Leader Scholarship (Jan.23)
- Canada’s Luckiest Student 2 Student Life Network Contest (Jan. 23)
- The RCMP will be holding a Career Presentation at 3:00 pm on January 9, 2014, at the Rural Action Centre, Montague.
- Digital Bootcamp (Center for the Arts and Technology): If you are interested in a career in digital art or design, then the Centre for Arts and Technology’s Digital Bootcamp is your chance to explore that career. This three day, jam-packed event is a combination of hands-on experience, and education about future career paths. Studio spaces and guidance from our industry professional instructors will help you determine your skill set for a future career. Register by January 31, 2014, and pay only a $100.00 registration fee (after January 31, registration is $150.00). Deadline: March 3, 2014.
- Holland College will be hosting Campus Tour Days on the following days/locations:
- February 8: Prince of Wales Campus, Georgetown, Tourism and Culinary
- February 22: Summerside Waterfront Campus, Alberton, Atlantic Police Academy
- At these events, students can apply for free. Also students who fill out a ballot at these will be entered into a draw for free tuition. For more info or to register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 902.566.9503.
- If you would like this year’s yearbook, you now need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price is now $50 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions! If you don’t order, you will not get a yearbook in June!
- See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons that are available for an extra charge. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- SADD will be holding a bake sale in the Cafeteria on Wednesday at lunchtime. Lots of treats and sweets will be available, so plan to support your SADD group!
- On Thursday, December 19, 2013, at the Chapters Indigo store in Charlottetown, there will be a fundraiser for the library from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. A portion of all regular priced sales will go towards the purchases of Kobo books, fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels. This is a great way to finish up your Christmas shopping and support the library. The MRHS choir will be on site entertaining shoppers with their musical talents. The library will be closed after school on this day for library staff to attend fundraiser. Sorry for any inconvenience.