It’s a “D-C” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Mary Ellen Lowther, Donna White for Maureen MacDonald (am), and Wanda Cheverie for Gail Greene.
Happy Birthday to Ryan Ferguson.
Highlights for Today:
- All choir members are reminded that today is the last day to see Ms. Christie Beck with your forms and money for “Mavour’s Christmas Carol”.
- There will be a JAM meeting at 11:45 in Learning Centre B today.
- There will be a very important meeting for all those Disney Choir members who are singing at the Storm Game at 12:05 today in Learning Centre B.
- Envirothon students will meet today at 12 noon in Room 129.
- There will be a meeting for all students interested in becoming a Peer Tutor today at 12:05 in Learning Centre B.
- Sign up for the MRHS Variety Show planned for Friday, December 20! The sign up sheet is on the Student Council door. There will be a meeting on Monday at 12:00 noon in Learning Centre B for all participants.
- The Child Care class is looking for an artificial Christmas tree for Tuesday. If you can help out, please see Ms. Hicken or one of the Child Care students.
- Getting behind in your courses? Need some help with homework or studying for a test? Wish you had a private tutor for free? Come see Ms. Christie Beck or Ms. Kelly Pike in Learning Centre B for more information!
- Dance Photos: If anyone has any great pictures that were taken at the Christmas Dance, please post them to the replay it website or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great way to get yourself in the book!
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Molly Stewart. Molly demonstrated smart play, good defense, and great ball handling and shooting in the team’s last game, a win over Souris. She showed poise and confidence in the way she handled and shot the ball.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Tristan Dawson. Tristan led the Vikings in scoring and rebounding this past weekend, as the Men’s Basketball team faced very tough competition from around the Maritimes, competing in the Gray Cup hosted by Colonel Gray. Tristan’s increasing confidence is evident on and off the court through his hard work and leadership.
- Merry KISH-MRHS Classic Women’s Basketball Tournament starts today. MRHS women play at 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm today. Playoff games are at Holland College on Saturday at 4:30 pm, 6:15 pm, and 8 pm.
- Viking Athletic clothing is on sale in the ticket booth at morning break and the beginning of lunch!
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Cons.
- Upcoming Scholarship deadlines; see the Scholarship Board in Student Services for more information.
- 1800 Wheelchair Canada (Jan 5)
- Burger King Scholars Program (Jan 10)
- AFOA-Potashcorp Aboriginal Youth Financial Management Awards (Jan.10)
- Future Aces Foundation Scholarship and Citizenship Award (Jan.15)
- Schulich Leader Scholarship (Jan.23)
- Canada’s Luckiest Student 2 Student Life Network Contest (Jan. 23)
- The RCMP will be holding a Career Presentation at 3:00 pm on January 9, 2014, at the Rural Action Centre, Montague.
- If you would like this year’s yearbook, you now need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price is now $50 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions! If you don’t order, you will not get a yearbook in June!
- See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons that are available for an extra charge. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- There will be a meeting on Monday at 12:00 noon in Learning Centre B for all participants of the upcoming Variety Show.
- The MRHS Music Department presents “A Traditional Christmas” on Tuesday, December 17, starting at 7:00pm. This will be a night of awesome Christmas music performed by the talented instrumental and vocal students of MRHS. Tickets are $6 each or $5 for students and seniors. There will be a cake auction, a “Best Seats in the House” draw, and an old-fashioned sweets and apple cider sale. Come on out and enjoy!
- Grads! Heckberts will be here on Tuesday, December 17, with photo packages. Balances must be paid in full before grad photos will be distributed.
- On Thursday, December 19, 2013, at the Chapters Indigo store in Charlottetown, there will be a fundraiser for the library from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. A portion of all regular priced sales will go towards the purchases of Kobo books, fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels. This is a great way to finish up your Christmas shopping and support the library. The MRHS choir will be on site entertaining shoppers with their musical talents. The library will be closed after school on this day for library staff to attend fundraiser. Sorry for any inconvenience.