It’s a “C-D” Day!
Welcome to the following guest staff today: Zak Likely for Lianne Garland, Mike Hambly for Seana Evans-Renaud (pm).
Happy Birthday to Christian Howe.
Highlights for Today:
- Culinary Class is serving a meal today at 11:50 in Room 136. Menu includes wild rice & vegetable soup, cheese biscuits, roasted chicken, duchesse potatoes, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, gingerbread bites and morning burst drink.
- There will be a SADD meeting today at 12:00 noon in Mr. Jamieson’s room. New members are welcome!
- The Cafeteria will not be open for afternoon break today.
- Dance Photos: If anyone has any great pictures that were taken at the Christmas Dance, please post them to the replay it website or send them to email@example.com. This is a great way to get yourself in the book!
- Requests for the Friday song: Submit a copy of lyrics and your name to Ms. Dowd or Brent Deagle.
- All students are responsible for Student Fees which are payable at the main office.
- The MRHS Female Athlete of the Week is Molly Stewart. Molly demonstrated smart play, good defense, and great ball handling and shooting in the team’s last game, a win over Souris. She showed poise and confidence in the way she handled and shot the ball.
- MRHS Male Athlete of the Week is Tristan Dawson. Tristan led the Vikings in scoring and rebounding this past weekend, as the Men’s Basketball team faced very tough competition from around the Maritimes, competing in the Gray Cup hosted by Colonel Gray. Tristan’s increasing confidence is evident on and off the court through his hard work and leadership.
- Dodgeball Action Today: The Grade 11 Girls take on the Grade 10 Girls. What a match!
- Mrs. MacKinnon’s Phys. Ed. Classes will be going curling today and Wednesday. Students are required to have their signed participation forms and an extra pair of shoes.
- Athletic Department Fundraiser: Island Storm Basketball plays Moncton Miracles tonight at 7. Tickets are only $5 and are available from Ms. Dowd.
- Viking Athletic clothing is on sale in the ticket booth at morning break and the beginning of lunch!
- Some fall athletes still have uniforms to be returned to Ms. Dowd! See below for a listing…
- Men’s Volleyball: Mark Morrison #13
- Women’s Soccer: Alisha MacDonald #5
- Women’s Volleyball: Emily Evans #14
- Field Hockey: Chloe Chapman #5
- The Power Lifting Team trains on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:15pm in the Fitness Centre.
- Vikings & Red Rock Wrestling Clubs practice Monday and Wednesday 3:30 to 5:00 at Montague Cons.
- Staff and students: please check out the new magazines in the Library: Hello Canada!, Time, Snow Boarder, Outdoor Canada, Hockey News, Lou Lou (French). These are available for a three day loan. Stay tuned for Rachel Ray and Readers’ Digest coming soon! Stop by today!
- Lists of overdue library materials have been posted in home rooms. Students, please visit the Library during break to renew or return materials. Thank you!
- The “Guess Who’s Reading” contest is still open for entries! Identify all of the 12 staff members reading their favourite book for your chance to win a holiday gift coupon or a discount on any book order from Scholastic! All correct entries will be entered into a random draw, where three winners will be named! From now until December 13, ballots will be available in the Library!
- Upcoming Scholarship deadlines; see the Scholarship Board in Student Services for more information.
- 1800 Wheelchair Canada (Jan 5)
- Burger King Scholars Program (Jan 10)
- AFOA-Potashcorp Aboriginal Youth Financial Management Awards (Jan.10)
- Future Aces Foundation Scholarship and Citizenship Award (Jan.15)
- Schulich Leader Scholarship (Jan.23)
- Canada’s Luckiest Student 2 Student Life Network Contest (Jan. 23)
- The RCMP will be holding a Career Presentation at 3:00 pm on January 9, 2014, at the Rural Action Centre, Montague.
- If you would like this year’s yearbook, you now need to order from the website or see a member of the yearbook staff. The price is now $50 and NO orders can be taken after January 30, 2014. No exceptions! If you don’t order, you will not get a yearbook in June!
- See Sabryna Schurman or Olivia Jamieson for special options such as personalization, an autograph section and icons that are available for an extra charge. Payment options are available. See Ms McLane.
- Wednesday is the absolute late day to order Grad Clothing. See Ms. McInnis or Mr. MacDonald.
- Peer Helpers: There will be block meetings on Wednesday, December 11.
- Grads! Heckberts will be here on Tuesday, December 17, with photo packages. Balances must be paid in full before grad photos will be distributed.
- On Thursday, December 19, 2013, at the Chapters Indigo store in Charlottetown, there will be a fundraiser for the library from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. A portion of all regular priced sales will go towards the purchases of Kobo books, fiction, non-fiction and graphic novels. This is a great way to finish up your Christmas shopping and support the library. The MRHS choir will be on site entertaining shoppers with their musical talents. The library will be closed after school on this day for library staff to attend fundraiser. Sorry for any inconvenience.